How much hp is too much?

• Sponsors (?)

I have a 1000hp street car :) It hasn't quite produced that yet, but only because I'm scared of breaking stuff that I'm not ready to upgrade, yet. It made 762rwhp at 14.5psi. It's going to make almost exactly 4 digits at full boost through a manual if I still have a manual at that time. It hooked in 4th gear at that power level.....once. Doesn't hook in any other gear, but then again, I need to do a lot of work on my suspension - I'm not the smartest on that stuff. The car purrs like a kitten at idle, and turns heads. I've put the smack down on a built LS3 Corvette, and an engine swapped civic with a bigger turbo. I don't consider my car a waste. I think it's a lot of fun - a lot of headache and painful in the wallet too.

My comment was not really at you Sharad. I'm just saying that getting a car to wheel-stand isn't the goal and it's not necessarily a good thing. As I understand it, a car the pulls the wheels higher than necessary is only wasting energy going up and down instead of going forward. I've just been doing some reading lately, and learning about suspensions. Still have a lot further to go, though.

If that was intended for me, I posted the links to the first five articles on my car back on page four.

Cliff's Notes:

Supercharged 427, DYNAMIC MM X6 trans, TCT Renegade converter, Strange driveshaft/9"/brakes, UPR suspension, RRC 25.2 chassis, Aeromotive fuel, MSD ignition, HoleShot wheels, M/T tires, Currently F.A.S.T. XFI but might switch to Holley DOMINATOR, and so on.

Goals were 1000rwhp and 8-second average in True Street. I think we'll exceed those goals. We should find out really soon. :flag:

Thanks man. I just can't wait to drive it with the new setup. I really plan to drive the car as much as possible. (basically whenever it's not raining) I want to explore the realm of 1000+hp on the street. People mention it so casually... I want to live with it for the next few months and then sort of chronicle it, or do almost like a diary of my experiences for the last article. I need to get off of my butt and start blogging about it.

Thanks man. I just can't wait to drive it with the new setup. I really plan to drive the car as much as possible. (basically whenever it's not raining) I want to explore the realm of 1000+hp on the street. People mention it so casually... I want to live with it for the next few months and then sort of chronicle it, or do almost like a diary of my experiences for the last article. I need to get off of my butt and start blogging about it.

That sounds awesome and like a whole lot of fun. Yeah its amazing how many people actually put that much power down and then are so nonchalant about it. When you start your blog let me know, I cant wait to see it!

That sounds awesome and like a whole lot of fun. Yeah its amazing how many people actually put that much power down and then are so nonchalant about it. When you start your blog let me know, I cant wait to see it!

Will do. In the meantime, you can follow the project in 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Magazine, or look up Sharad Raldiris on facebook. I'm always posting about it on there. :flag: