How much more boost will a 8" crank pulley give me?

Kdubslugga

Jun 7, 2003
Akron, OH
Ok making a real long story short, ive been without a mustang all summer, it sucks, i dropped a new 331 stroker from DSS and sure enough ran horrible turns out the intake gasket i bought from Mr Gasket was junk and i didnt even see it. Luckily the guys at Akron Horsepower noticed i had the wrong bolts in the lifter hold down bracket. They were a 1/4 in to long and came in contact with the cam bearings. So needless to say the brand new motor is being torn apart, to replace the cam bearings that are only knicked but hey why ruin a brand new motor. Any way there burning a breakin chip for the fresh motor then after 500 miles i go back for a wide open throttle tune. Basically Im thinking what else can I do to get a little more power so im not running back and forth for new tunes all the time. I want to add an 8" crank pulley because i was told i could see 3-4 lbs more of boost, this seems like a stretch to me but i just wanted to see if anybody else had any first hand expierience with it. Im gonna add some methanol and port the cobra intake as well before the WOT tune!

• Sponsors (?)

hard to say with boost, like stated above. But one thing is for sure, your airflow will go up quite a bit.

you dont really want boost. you can make more power with less boost.... an engine that is free flowing is less restrictive and thus the engine does not have to work as hard to turn the SC creating less drag and making more power.

to see the differences you would have to strap it down to the dyno and do before and after pulls.