How much of a difference does a tune make?

I know that it can help on a track, but if I only have dual exhaust and CAI as upgrades would getting a tune really help (both if I ever got the chance to take my pony to the track or for just daily driving)? I normally get 25ish MPG with my 07 V6 so could it help get it better? I know I have much more to add, just slowly because I'm a college student :p

• Sponsors (?)

The S197's get a lot of benefits from a good tune. Your throttle response will be noticeably better, and you'll be able to make the most of your CAI. The pedal maps are more aggressive, and you'll gain about 30 hp and 28 tq at the ground with 93 octane and a race tune. All of our tunes are written to combine performance and efficiency, so you get the best of both worlds and don't have to spend twice as much time at the pump.

Plus, a tuner is an important supporting mod. When you get into serious performance mods, you'll need to get a tuner to make sure they work together, and we offer Free Tunes for Life with our SCT tuners and our Diablosport Trinity.

Yeah, a 93 tune really compliments a CAI and dual exhaust perfectly. It also bumped me from an average of 22.5mpg to 23.5mpg. I can't wait to get back to the track again to see the difference it really made versus my last time at the track. The best part for me was what it did to my auto tranny shifts. Shewy!

Yes it will def help you! I really want to get one too. I am curious, you get 25 mpg from your car. I have an 06 and only get about 17 to 18. do you do alot of highway driving. I am just like you though. I have only an exhaust and an intake. Hopefully when we do get our tunes, it will be worth it. You should really think about gears too while your at it. They have a tuner and gears combo at American Muscle. Im still saving, but I want to get it all at the same time to see a huge amount of difference! Good luck

Yes it will def help you! I really want to get one too. I am curious, you get 25 mpg from your car. I have an 06 and only get about 17 to 18. do you do alot of highway driving. I am just like you though. I have only an exhaust and an intake. Hopefully when we do get our tunes, it will be worth it. You should really think about gears too while your at it. They have a tuner and gears combo at American Muscle. Im still saving, but I want to get it all at the same time to see a huge amount of difference! Good luck

Haha I feather the clutch immensely when I start off and I don't over rev before shifting gears. That may help me I guess? :p.

The only issue I have with a 93 tune is having to pay the extra 20 cents/gallon for negligible gas mileage increase though haha.