How much power can a 94 GT make if you don't change the look of the engine?

Hollow out a stock block. Insert electric motor inside. Bolt headers and accessories to the outside. Replace air pump and a 3hp electric motor to turn the belt for AC. Then when you beat people you can tell them the car wasn't even running.

It sounds stupid...but someone...somewhere....is probably working on a set up like this right now.

You could leave the engine bay dirty and completely stock looking. The sound would be terrible though.
Even better would be to get one of those plastic mock-up engines and use it. It'd be far easier to work with, and take a couple hundred pounds off the nose. Could use a Raspberry Pi attached to a potentiometer and the engine noise simulator speaker from a BMW i8 to make it sound like a real engine. Eliminate the transmission altogether for direct drive (but leave the shifter and even row/slap through the gears for extra effect) and reduce the weight and parasitic losses even further. Cut the gas tank in half and use the lower half as the cover for your Bolt/Tesla/Prius battery pack... Yes, yes, this could work...

images (1).gif

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
  • Sponsors (?)

I'm sure it's been beat to death already. but there is not much you are going to do that's not going to be a waist of money if retaining the stock intake is a requirement. I just feel like if you try to stay with the 100% stock look that you are going to end spending time and money on a car that's still going to be a dog.
I can't see a N/A 302 making more than 240-250 hp at the wheels with the stock intake. That's not enough to take out even a 93-97' LT1 powered Camaro much less a LS1 powered car.

Consider picking up a 94-95 Cobra intake. It looks very close to the stock one and has a lot more potential to make power.
You could also do the 3 bar GT40 heads but they are old and getting hard to find in good shape. Another option could be the World Products Iron heads to help with keeping the stock look. Heck, I bet if you painted a set of aluminum heads black most people would never know the difference.

For a cam the Com XE264HR-14 will work well with your stock 94' computer and only has a small amount of lope.

The only way this thread makes ANY sense.

What he's trying to do, for any other reason, is foolishness.

Now, if he's trying to make an SN-95 car competitive in the class, I wish him the best of luck. It'd almost be as hard as making a Mustang II competitive in the F.A.S.T. class (which would be impossible with a Motorcraft 2150 carburetor in that case).

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
I had to make this post because "The time limit to edit this message has expired". So that's pretty lame, it jacked up my other post. Anyway someone said you might be able to hid nitrous lines by mashing them in with vacuum lines or some such. I'd be willing to make the attempt, and only use the nitrous during troll races. But can't you tell pretty easily when the other car is using nitrous?

Thank you for that, I laughed so hard at this post. Then say "Imagine how badly you'd have lost if I actually started my engine!" :rlaugh:

Rig up some noise cancellation system like they put in those Acuras, to quiet any noise from the tesla motors.

I can just imagine their responses "What is this... wtf have you done.."

From this thread it sounds like the intake is the only weak link here. That's the thing that most people look at, and it's what a lot of guys know. Cause most people know about all the trick flows, the GT40 and cobra and explorer intakes. It was pretty much the weakest link for the GT's. As many have pointed out, if you have the time and the inclination you can just modify e7's yourself to be some pretty decent heads. But the intake is another matter, cause you'd never get all the way down inside all those runners. So you'd have to use extrude honing.

I am curious though, just how far the stock intake could be ported out before it becomes unusable. Eventually the walls get too thin and that's that. But how far is that? What intake would it match, if you ported it out as far as you could? Would it be better than a cobra intake at that point? This is all just curiosity.
You will blow through stock intake and have to epoxy it and it still won’t flow worth a damn . Neither will the stock heads . You’re missing the point . We are trying to tell you how to accomplish your goal and no one I mean no one is going to tell the difference of the gt40 iron head or the explorer intake vs stock but you don’t want to hear that . Best of luck on your journey .

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users
're willing t

If they don't already suspect things like that, they're the douchenozzle, not me. And they'll know by driving the car, which they're obviously going to do before they pay through the nose for some old classic. What I'm referring to, is what many collectors would do to that old engine. For a bump in power while keeping it largely stock. It's common practice for people who have a little coin and an anemic old vehicle they're holding onto. Lastly it's debatable whether or not that's actually still "stock". It's not what rolled off the assembly line, but very few still are and they're usually only found in museums. All the stock parts are still there, so it's not like anything is missing. Nothing has been traded away or lost to time. Some metal has been shaved away. And I never said I was just going to heave the old headers and pistons and whatnot into the dumpster. Sounds like you're just too sensitive.
It's pretty clear you're either not listening, or not understanding, or don't care... but I'll try one last time. The stock combo, no matter how hard you try or how much money you throw at it will be very limited. You're effectively trying to recreate the exact same thing everyone did in the mid to late 1980's when there wasn't a lot of aftermarket parts available to make them fast. It isn't just the intake that is the bottle neck, it's actually mainly the heads and the cam... neither of which are easy to hide other than as already previously mentioned, going with GT-40 heads. The GT-40 iron heads are difficult to identify on a fully dressed engine, but will give plenty of extra power, not as much as say a set of aluminum TFS or AFR heads, but enough to be worth it when you want it to look stock,

Again, it's your money, do as you please... but ask yourself if it's worth $10k just to lie to people you don't know and don't care about and then still be disappointed in the engine performance?

Well you're right I don't really care, otherwise I'd never have started a thread asking how to improve the very limited stock engine of a 1994 Mustang. I know $10k sounds like a lot of money to most people, but since that continually comes up I'm just going to say that it's not a lot to everyone. And leave it at that. This was all just a gag that serves more than one purpose for me. And yes, minor jokes often involve a "lie" that lasts a few minutes. Otherwise there's no joke to begin with. Maybe you don't have much of a sense of humor, I dunno. Also this would be mostly people I do know, as stated previously.

I do thank you for your help, but it does seem like you were against the whole idea from the beginning. And as I mentioned above, a lot of people do this to some weak, under powered classic to give it a bump while keeping it looking stock. So the idea really isn't so far out there. What they say at the car show might be something different. "Still got the original engine in it!" Yep, that is the original engine alright.

You ever watch that show "My Classic Car"?

If they don't already suspect things like that, they're the douchenozzle, not me. And they'll know by driving the car, which they're obviously going to do before they pay through the nose for some old classic. What I'm referring to, is what many collectors would do to that old engine. For a bump in power while keeping it largely stock. It's common practice for people who have a little coin and an anemic old vehicle they're holding onto. Lastly it's debatable whether or not that's actually still "stock". It's not what rolled off the assembly line, but very few still are and they're usually only found in museums. All the stock parts are still there, so it's not like anything is missing. Nothing has been traded away or lost to time. Some metal has been shaved away. And I never said I was just going to heave the old headers and pistons and whatnot into the dumpster. Sounds like you're just too sensitive.

Well you're right I don't really care, otherwise I'd never have started a thread asking how to improve the very limited stock engine of a 1994 Mustang. I know $10k sounds like a lot of money to most people, but since that continually comes up I'm just going to say that it's not a lot to everyone. And leave it at that. This was all just a gag that serves more than one purpose for me. And yes, minor jokes often involve a "lie" that lasts a few minutes. Otherwise there's no joke to begin with. Maybe you don't have much of a sense of humor, I dunno. Also this would be mostly people I do know, as stated previously.

I do thank you for your help, but it does seem like you were against the whole idea from the beginning. And as I mentioned above, a lot of people do this to some weak, under powered classic to give it a bump while keeping it looking stock. So the idea really isn't so far out there. What they say at the car show might be something different. "Still got the original engine in it!" Yep, that is the original engine alright.

Ok, you win.

If you laying fa

The only way this thread makes ANY sense.

What he's trying to do, for any other reason, is foolishness.

Now, if he's trying to make an SN-95 car competitive in the class, I wish him the best of luck. It'd almost be as hard as making a Mustang II competitive in the F.A.S.T. class (which would be impossible with a Motorcraft 2150 carburetor

10k wouldn't pay for a stock eliminater engine, basically what your asking for but with a way less radical cam and fully dressed with accessories. it would cover maybe the heads and a few other parts.... Like I said before with your stipulations it would be crazy expensive and max out around 320 to the tire. Go on classracer.com ask people who have to build there engines to those rules, then add in you want all accessories, a cam that won't kill valve train driving on the street, no g force 5 speed and street gearing... They would all ask why? Its a smallblock 5.0 not an old big block that you can sneeze at and make stupid power

I'll see about having the car dyno'd before and after, and I'll post up the results in this thread.

Besides, it's not some big missed opportunity - If the engine is already bored and stroked, all that's left is to install the classic heads, cam, and intake. Wam bam, 150 more HP. Then I'll just have a useless, wallered out stock intake. And heads. I'll stick em on the shelf next to all the other useless car parts I have.

That's a whole lot of writing for something that's not going to happen. Let get to the point. How deep are your pockets for this project? Because to a rando on the internet, I give it a sub-1% chance that they spend the money to build a stock-looking car that makes more than 260 rwhp n/a, even if that's their over-confidently stated goal.

• Loved It!
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

That is very useful, thank you. It looks like someone with a die grinder and plenty of time on their hands could have saved a lot of money back in the day and really woke up their engine. 100rwhp is no joke.

That's a whole lot of writing for something that's not going to happen. Let get to the point. How deep are your pockets for this project? Because to a rando on the internet, I give it a sub-1% chance that they spend the money to build a stock-looking car that makes more than 260 rwhp n/a, even if that's their over-confidently stated goal.
Post 45 explained this

I had read post 45 before I responded. Looks like you said,
I know $10k sounds like a lot of money to most people, but since that continually comes up I'm just going to say that it's not a lot to everyone. And leave it at that
It's not a lot to you. I didn't see where you said what you want spend. But...

Ok. So $10k. Pretty reasonable budget for the engine. You know what to do. Buy GT40 heads, tear down the motor, take a couple pics and post them. Let's start there and we'll work the rest out once you've gotten that far.

Reactions: 1 user
He said he wanted more power and hide the exhaust. I also thought of putting tesla batteries in it like MustangIIMatt mentioned. I'll have to read through this whole thread later. I'm thinking he's doing street races and trying to cheaply win. A true sleeper car doesn't need to pass a visual engine inspection. It can be a minivan with a swapped out motor.

He said he wanted more power and hide the exhaust. I also thought of putting tesla batteries in it like MustangIIMatt mentioned. I'll have to read through this whole thread later. I'm thinking he's doing street races and trying to cheaply win. A true sleeper car doesn't need to pass a visual engine inspection. It can be a minivan with a swapped out motor.
In his other threads he's asking about a 351 swap, and lowering springs... don't feed the trolls.

But... we hungry. :shrug:
This community genuinely wants to help everyone in it, but when an Askhole accuses me of having no sense of humor (obviously he doesn't know me) just because I attempted to save him tens of thousands of dollars that would be wasted trying to impress people he doesn't know and will never have a long term relationship with... at that point I'm done trying to help said Askhole.

Attachments

• askhole.jpg
    askhole.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users