How much power can a STOCK AODE handle?

• Sponsors (?)

I know mine feels like its ready to go and its the second one on the car doesnt mean that you cant drive the chit out of it before it goes tits up but I wouldnt expect it to last to long if your hot rodding the hell out of it.

Zero Signal said:
Why not? Our cam is great for boosted applications. You just gotta get some higher lift rockers. I've heard of people with 500+ hp with the stock cam.

EDIT: Man I totally read the post wrong! :nonono: hah

I'm pretty sure they are talking about the trany! :shrug:

I would also like to know becuase I have a stock AODE on my 94 and wanted to add B&M ratchet shifter, transgo shift kit and a manual valve body. Is this a good idea, is it worth it on a stock trany? If I said something that doesn't make sense, feel free to correct me because I'm still new at this stuff even though I've had my stang for about a year.

xNeo said:
I'm pretty sure they are talking about the trany! :shrug:

I would also like to know becuase I have a stock AODE on my 94 and wanted to add B&M ratchet shifter, transgo shift kit and a manual valve body. Is this a good idea, is it worth it on a stock trany? If I said something that doesn't make sense, feel free to correct me because I'm still new at this stuff even though I've had my stang for about a year.

You wont need a shift kit if you get a manual vb. These trannys will only take so much before falure. www.tccoa.com tech then go to tranny. There is some good reaing on the aode/4r70w and how they work.

WEll, the "stock" tranny itself should be able to handle 400HP, but the key word is "stock"

If you plan on pushing some ponies, youll wanna put a shift kit, converter and cooler in anyway. Mine has been like that with the Vortech for 2 1/2 years now. A "rebuilt" stock one (shaft, diode, band kit, etc) will handle even more power.

So to answer your question, a stock one working right should hold up for awhile. You can keep an "AODE" type tranny with lots of ponies if it is beefed up.

RC