how much power possible with Ported E7s?

OMFG way to go todd setting records all over the place!!!

Yeah 300 rwhp is going to be a stretch, but it is possible! I want to see more vids from GA, but they only have final round (seen those about 10 times) and the E7 car isnt in it, YET!

Good luck, and let me know if you go to a lightweight bottem end and how it works for you!

• Sponsors (?)

StangFireman...: are you running the stock E7TE heads? I thought you couldn't port and polish the heads in factory stock? I thought ALL FORD RACING parts were allowed but no work could be done to them...? Those are some good numbers...is that on a stock bottom end? I don't think it would be...What does your combo consist of? Are you running the stock T-5?...I would like to know more about this...

Highbredcloud said:
StangFireman...: are you running the stock E7TE heads? I thought you couldn't port and polish the heads in factory stock? I thought ALL FORD RACING parts were allowed but no work could be done to them...? Those are some good numbers...is that on a stock bottom end? I don't think it would be...What does your combo consist of? Are you running the stock T-5?...I would like to know more about this...

He has the stock E7TEs but they have NOT been ported. I wont let the secrets out (Thumper knows, Im sure, as well as others, but hey, we dont need too many fast E7 cars running around). They are not original, and have some "other" work done, but Ill let Todd tell what he so chooses!

His bottem end is not a race bottem end, it was set up for the street so dont be fooled by others saying you need a race motor to run those times!

25thmustang said:
He has the stock E7TEs but they have NOT been ported. I wont let the secrets out (Thumper knows, Im sure, as well as others, but hey, we dont need too many fast E7 cars running around). They are not original, and have some "other" work done, but Ill let Todd tell what he so chooses!

His bottem end is not a race bottem end, it was set up for the street so dont be fooled by others saying you need a race motor to run those times!

Oh come on...what a tease! :D I figured he would have a valve job with those heads since a valve job is allowed...but how much can a valve job add in terms of HP? BTW: How can one tell if a valve job has been done just by looking at the valves? I got a set of ported E7TE heads that supposedly had a 3-5 angle valve job...HOW do I know? Anyways...if he still has a STOCK bottem 302 what the hell contributes to that amout of HP? LET ME IN ON THE SECRET...I won't tell... :D BTW: I'm building a stock casting setup for this combo...going for the stealth mode look...

Send him a PM he is a great guy and willing to talk about it... One of the few who is willing to share his knowledge! I am hoping to see some mid 12s this summer on E7s (unported) and stock cam, but I have a mild combo, and way too much of a street car!

LOL.... there is that " stock lower wont hold HP" thing again...LOL The engine has forged pistons, rods that will live at 6500 all day long ( 7500 with rod bolts) good oiling system, almost the best rod to stroke ratio.. and isnt to be confused with a gm product!! With just rod bolts, indexing and clearance ( and of course balancing) we twist the stout small block to 7500 all day long!! "Who Knows" what a race car has done under the "Stock rules" that will add or actually "free up" a lot of power!! and a good valve job is worth a freightening amount of POWER!! Why do you think some racers will pay up to 350.00 for just a valve job?? LOL...

Just me.................................

Thumper

Sorry for not getting back to this sooner, but these 13 hour nights are killing me! LOL But I have to pay for this addiction somehow. :)
Highbredcloud, you have a PM.
If anyone wants this combo, call Ed Curtis up at www.flowtechinduction.com and he can get you setup with this same combo. But if you want all the tricks, it's not cheap.
I'm hoping to get a few more hp out of this with my new sponsor. They are presently doing some work and we'll see what happens in Columbus.
Now if only the driver could launch on a drag radial. :D

StangFireman said:
Sorry for not getting back to this sooner, but these 13 hour nights are killing me! LOL But I have to pay for this addiction somehow. :)
Highbredcloud, you have a PM.
If anyone wants this combo, call Ed Curtis up at www.flowtechinduction.com and he can get you setup with this same combo. But if you want all the tricks, it's not cheap.
I'm hoping to get a few more hp out of this with my new sponsor. They are presently doing some work and we'll see what happens in Columbus.
Now if only the driver could launch on a drag radial. :D

Todd I have a special "Wilson" weight you can put in the trunk to slay some mod motor :D Check your mail...

Highbredcloud said:
How did you get 235/292tq at the wheel with stock heads, cam intake? That's really impressive if you only have bolt ons...

stock air box with K'n'N panel filter.
76mm C'n'L.
Bosch platinum plugs (not +4's)
stock TB, intakes, heads, cam, rockers, fuel pressure, gap, plug wires, cap, rotor, coil etc etc... tb/intakes/valve covers/water pump/oil pan had never been off the motor.
1-5/8" long tubes and off road H.

The Factory Stock guys are most impressive!

i dynod an 87 yesterday. here is the combo: powerheads, 1.6 scorpion rr, holley systemax 1 lower, extrude honed stock upper, 24# injectors, crower 15511, 1 5/8 shorties, 2 1/2 cat x pipe and dynomax exhaust, pullies, otherwise stock with smog, air and still speed density. 255 rwhp, 293 tq. runs smooth, idles steady, a real kick to drive. i thought i would get more. i still have some 1.7 rr to try, but i do not expect any big deal since the heads flow basically the same between .450 and .500. i maybe intake limited, but who knows. can anyone tell me were to find another 20 rwhp with what i have got?

87saleen said:
i dynod an 87 yesterday. here is the combo: powerheads, 1.6 scorpion rr, holley systemax 1 lower, extrude honed stock upper, 24# injectors, crower 15511, 1 5/8 shorties, 2 1/2 cat x pipe and dynomax exhaust, pullies, otherwise stock with smog, air and still speed density. 255 rwhp, 293 tq. runs smooth, idles steady, a real kick to drive. i thought i would get more. i still have some 1.7 rr to try, but i do not expect any big deal since the heads flow basically the same between .450 and .500. i maybe intake limited, but who knows. can anyone tell me were to find another 20 rwhp with what i have got?

Hey man...that is the same exact setup I am putting together!!! The only difference is that I am going with a different cam...most defintaely a custom from FTI...what are the specs on your cam? Also how did your systemax 1 fit the heads? mine has 1/8 inch larger runners than the powerheads...I guess it is the later casting which takes a 1262 fel-pro gasket...Also I am debating as whether I should extrude hone the upper or not? what would you recommend since you have the setup? Your lack of power could be because you are still speed denstity...I would expect around 280RWHP from your setup...was this on a mustang dyno or dynojet?

cam specs:218/224 @ .05; 114 ;.467/.485 w/1.6. extrude hone is better than nothing, i have a saleen and i need it to look stone original, i think you can get a lot more flow for less money if the stock look is not important. i guess my holley lower was an early casting because it was a good fit, but you need to port match to the heads - 3 and 4 were way out. speed density does not hurt the top end, it can make life tough around town, but i have no problems except i need some more hp.

87saleen said:
cam specs:218/224 @ .05; 114 ;.467/.485 w/1.6. extrude hone is better than nothing, i have a saleen and i need it to look stone original, i think you can get a lot more flow for less money if the stock look is not important. i guess my holley lower was an early casting because it was a good fit, but you need to port match to the heads - 3 and 4 were way out. speed density does not hurt the top end, it can make life tough around town, but i have no problems except i need some more hp.

hmm well your cam seems to be right at where the flow numbers show their peak on the powerheads...however, I still think you would benefit a bit more if it had a bigger lift...When I spoke with Ralph Pici, the owner of Powerheads, I was told to go with a cam no larger than .520 lift due to the springs only being good up to .530 lift...also to get the most out of the cam 112*LSA is recommended...your duration seems to be right on the money...I know I could get a different intake that flows more, however, like yourself, I want the stock look...hence I was debating on extrude hone the upper, however, $350 is a lot...I seriously think with a different cam and MAF setup you would pick up 20RWHP...

87saleen said:

swap shorties for long tubes.(5+hp)
swap cats for off road.(8+hp)
swap SD for MAF.(0hp) will open up cam selection and improve drivability
swap 15511 and springs for more aggressive lob'd non-split pattern cam.(15+hp, likely more).
The 15511 is not an optimal choice for those heads/intakes. Not a bad choice for soft springs and SD, but not optimal.
I'd be suprised if you are intake restricted.

My .02