how much power with stock cam?

• Sponsors (?)

never did re dyno after fixing my ignition problems and richness.. But let me tell you, It felt like I picked up another 75 horse or more, just from the ignition, timing advance and leaner mixture.. With all the issues it had,
It did make 473rwhp@4000RPM 631RWTQ@3900RPM.. Spark started breaking up past that point.
Thats the stock 94 GT cam with 1.6 RR's, installed straight up.

95conv5.0 said:
im talking about n/a boys!

kinda have to include that info in the first post, theres alot of non N/A cars out there w/ stock cams. Why do you want to know just N/A, wouldent it be good to also see the potential of the stock cam under boost?

Striped5.0 said:
kinda have to include that info in the first post, theres alot of non N/A cars out there w/ stock cams. Why do you want to know just N/A, wouldent it be good to also see the potential of the stock cam under boost?

check out the title of the post
everyone can post up boosted combos thats fine, i was jsut going to stay n/a thats why i wanted to see it

I'm gonna say I don't remember a na, stock block, & stock cam combo going any higher than the 280's from all the dyno charts I've seen.

Tom Moss has posted a chart a time or two which has lots of data about parts used and the dyno results of various combos on these forums. You might try to search it out for more specific details.

Later
Grady

Our very own member "TMC" made 320+ RWHP (I don't remember the exact number) with the stock cam. I believe this was done at under 6500 RPM with GT40P heads and an Exploder manifold.

If you ask him how, I'm sure he's not going to tell. :D

Joe

Joes95GT said:
Our very own member "TMC" made 320+ RWHP (I don't remember the exact number) with the stock cam. I believe this was done at under 6500 RPM with GT40P heads and an Exploder manifold.

If you ask him how, I'm sure he's not going to tell. :D

Joe
did he make this n/a? spray? thats insane

LOL...thanks for the plug Joe!

Unfortunately I only made 309 rwhp and 336 rwtq. The HP peak was at 5600 rpm. I hope to have that engine back together in a month or so and I'm looking to make 330 rwhp if all goes well:)

Tmoss now has those heads on his car and I'm pretty sure he went back to the dyno and made ~275 rwhp and well over 300 rwtq with a stock shortblock and cam.

The heads are unported and only have a touchup mill to be sure they are flat...59cc chambers.

Take a look at this page...

http://home.comcast.net/~nmrastocker/NMRA_Stocker.html

TMC said:

Unfortunately I only made 309 rwhp and 336 rwtq. The HP peak was at 5600 rpm. I hope to have that engine back together in a month or so and I'm looking to make 330 rwhp if all goes well:)

Tmoss now has those heads on his car and I'm pretty sure he went back to the dyno and made ~275 rwhp and well over 300 rwtq with a stock shortblock and cam.

The heads are unported and only have a touchup mill to be sure they are flat...59cc chambers.

Take a look at this page...

http://home.comcast.net/~nmrastocker/NMRA_Stocker.html
all i have to say is thats amazing, is that will all stock enternals? i want cam bad but i dont want to have to tune it so im going to do the imposible and try to get 350rwhp out of a 95 gt, i mean its posible but it will jsut take work, im going to go with some trickflow heads, trickflow intake ect ect

TMC said:

Ahh.....

So it sounds like I'm incorrect for the time being....:D

Think 11.60's are possible, Troy?

Joe