how much power?

5.0 HOtrain said:
Track #'s from you're combo, how about dyno #'s. I've had both AFR and TFS heads. BOTH are rather equal. Look at Mike's #'s (Grn92lx).
mike.

Not sure what your referring to in that post :shrug:

If you think I'm saying AFR's are better than TW's... :rlaugh: ...nope...

The person I quoted put "why is everybody treating AFR's like god? sure there one of the best cylinder heads out there"...

He answered his own question...by showing why people like them so much...maybe its because their some of the best cylinder heads out there?

No track #'s...waiting to install clutch (this weekend) and get valve cover leak fixed soon after...I do got a .560 lift cam though :)

• Sponsors (?)

Settle down ladies...

No need to fight here, they are all good parts, maby one is better than the other, but no need to fight it out. Although some heads flow = + to the AFR's I would still say AFR becase they have the best flow to port size ratio as any other OTS head. If the same amount of air is moving through a smaller port, that means the velosity is higher and this is also important, especailly on a N/A motor, but then agian, I could be wrong, I am no expert. It seems AFR cars put down the best TRACK times, who cares about peak numbers, it's the average power in the powerband in witch you are using durring racing that counts.

I agree the Thumper heads might be a little too small for a stroker. I like the thumper heads I have, and there are plenty of cars that are pretty fast with the worked stock casting of the E7TE, but I don't know on a stroker. It would be a torque monster that is for sure. If you alread have them, go ahead and use them, but at least get some GT40's and send them to Thumper if you are going to buy them.