How much "stuff" do you carry in your car?

How much stuff do you carry?

• I don't carry anything at all.

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • I have a PEZ-thing and kleenex in the glove box.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • I have a "closet organizer" on the back of my seat.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I only have one seat open. The rest of the car is packed full.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ronin38

15 Year Member
Dec 18, 2010
Dayton, OH
And where do you put it?

I'm looking (seriously) at buying a 2011 Mustang GT Premium, Kona Blue. :D I have noticed that the glove box is pretty small, compared to my past cars, the door pockets are pretty much useless, the center console bin is good for the iPod and a pocket pack of kleenex... and there aren't any other "pockets" in the car. :(

In the past I've a Subaru, and some others that have lots of storage spaces, plus I carry a "trunk box" with a fair amount of stuff in it. What-all do you guys typically carry, and what works well for you? Especially for the garage door opener...? I'm also thinking I could probably get a plastic storage bin with a lid that would fit snugly in the space I'll have behind the drivers seat on the floor... :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I dis-like carrying stuff in the car it takes the clean appereance off. Even when is neccesary items. I dont know i just can't stand it, even though when it comes to my room is really a BIG mess. :rlaugh:

I keep the following:
In the Trunk:
First Aid Kit, Window Scraper

IN the car generally:
A pair of gloves, and an Umbrella.

That's about it, other than the bottles of water I may be or have been drinking and/or my Work laptop bag.

Geek stuff

I work out of town during the week. So on travel days I carry a bunch of stuff. On non-travel days, not very much.

On travel days I carry:
1. My suitcase with clothes for the week (trunk).
2. My laptop bag (pretty heavy with geek stuff) (trunk)
3. A Grocery bag with Instant oatmeal (breakfast:most important meal), etc. (trunk)
4. Mileage log (passenger seat)
5. Coffee cup (on Mondays I leave at 6AM) (crappy, too-high, pretty useless cup holders)

ALWAYS in the car:
1. Gloves (spare tire compartment)
2. Ice scraper and shower size squeegee (trunk)
3. 16GB thumb drive for stereo/MP3 (in cubby)
4. Garage door opener (in cubby)
5. CB Radio (passenger seat) (antenna mounts on trunk lid, stored in trunk)
6. Registration and owners manual (glovebox).

(Not to steal this thread, but does anyone else think the console is too high? If I have anything at all in the cup holders, I always hit it with my elbow when shifting and I'm always working around that obstruction)

-tomas

I try not to carry too much. I cant stand crap rolling all over the place in there. That reminds me of the other day, when I was vacuming out the stang, I found one of my used condoms jammed in the back seat. It was all crusty inside, and there was doo doo on the outside of it, I guess someones anus was cravin some ol' chris meat ;)

Must have been a lucky guy

I keep the interior car show ready. The trunk has tools, etc.
I traveled across the country and back once in my previous Mustang (a 2007 GT) and had plenty of room for all I needed. I picked my wife up on the return trip and though it was more crowded, it all still fit.
Console has iPod, cell phone charger, GPS and a couple other smaller items. Glove box has phone book, car regisration, proof of insurance, an ice scrapper, a calculator, some pens and other miscellaneous items. I have a glove box organizer I got from Moss Mustang.