how much was your trans work (t5)

• Sponsors (?)

I was given a verbal quote of 700-900. That was removing mine, crediting me the core, and giving me the equivalent rebuilt.

I'm currently saving for it as mine has developed a whine.

AAMCO wanted $400 if you supply the trans and the rebuild kit. (Just labor for the rebuild on a pulled trans)

DAMN!! That's a VERY steep labor price!!! the price of the rebuild comes from all the broken interal parts.

A guy I went to a few times charges $150 labor + the rebuild kit, or about $350 out the door.

I've started rebuilding my own, and my last cost me just shy of $500 in hard parts and the rebuild kit. Second gear, third gear, 3-4 slider, shift fork, rebuild kit, etc etc. It adds up in a hurry.

at that price, expect $1000 easy from aamco when all is said and done.

DAMN!! That's a VERY steep labor price!!! the price of the rebuild comes from all the broken interal parts.

A guy I went to a few times charges $150 labor + the rebuild kit, or about $350 out the door.

I've started rebuilding my own, and my last cost me just shy of $500 in hard parts and the rebuild kit. Second gear, third gear, 3-4 slider, shift fork, rebuild kit, etc etc. It adds up in a hurry.

at that price, expect $1000 easy from aamco when all is said and done.
Check my signature up there. Thats why I got that new trans. waiting in my garage. It wasn't worth a rebuild :D

rebuilds are cheap, as I said, local shop will do it for $350 out the door. It's all the broken parts that add up. I don't think I've ever seen (rarely) a t5 leave the shop without at least a new second gear ($100 for the gear alone)

665 Parts and labor for mine. I needed 2nd and 3rd gear, and a full rebuild kit. Worth every penny. My T-5 works like a dream in my notchback. Matched up with a new CFDX clutch and new bearing retainer, T/O bearing and pilot beairng, I got one smooth shifting transmission.