How Much Would You Pay? Thinking Of Selling My Car.

nuked1775

Sep 7, 2004
Hey all, I need to get some opinions out there as I'm thinking of selling my car but I'm unsure of how much to try and get for it. Its a 2003 Sonic Blue Gt and I'm the only owner. Installed a Vortech V3 HO supercharger. Has a set of 270AH comp cams. SLP x-pipe and catback. Accufab plenum and throttlebody. Adjustable shocks and struts with custom K-member/A-arms/springs and 3.73 in the rear. 18" chrome wheels and dyno's just shy of 400 to the wheels. I'm sure there's more I'm missing, but these are some of the main things off the top of my head.

Body, paint, exterior and interior are all in excellent condition. The car is at about 75k miles. I was thinking of trying to sell it for around $14k.

What are your thoughts? I'd appreciate your thoughts and comments.

• Sponsors (?)

Blubook for your area + 1/2 to 3/4 the cost of the blower kit. Maybe toss in half of the cost of the cams. No labor costs and your other mods are a wash (they have to be there in order for the car to function).

To the right buyer, the exhaust should be worth something, particularly if it's stainless (I think all SLP are). Maybe include 3/4 of the cost of the exhaust.

I've not seen your car but most figure into the "average" category unless they're beat, or low-mile stored vehicles in mint condition.

Reactions: 1 user
Everybody wants them but its real easy for anybody to get one at the same time. I'm so buried in my car, all my future life plans include a parking spot for it.

I want to get another project car but those plans never include getting rid of my current one.

If somebody walked up with 15g, I suppose I would have to take it. I would still be losing my arse after paying for the car and around 12g in mods.

The car without the mods is worth 6g. I would think leaving the mods on would net you another 2 of 3g. I also think setting the car back to stock and selling the mods separate might net you 3 to 5g.

I wouldn't bother taking the cams back out if you are done with the car. However that may mean having the car retuned to accommodate the changes.

Put it up for sale for 14g and see what happens. Maybe somebody will give you what you want and all this will be for naught.

actually the mods reduce the value, they do not in any :leghump:ing way increase it unless you happen to find a 16 year old retarded first time car buyer with more money than sense

Won't hurt to try selling it at his price. There's a lot "sixteen year old retarded first time car buyer" types out there. Not to mention regular people who might want to buy a supercharged Mustang. They can save themselves the money and PITA of building and unmodified car. It's still cheaper than buying a Terminator.

If it doesn't sell at that price start taking stuff off or lower the price.

I see Mustangs here for sale w similar modifications on a regular basis going for less than 10k. The modifications add little to no value to the car unless you come across a, "got to have it" buyer. More often than not it seems Mustang buyers are searching for that unmolested factory gem w low miles to make their own. I know that's what I set out to purchase and did with my 2000 GT.

Thanks for all the opinions! I guess when it comes time I'll give it a sale and see what happens. Nice thing is I don't need to sell it so I can list it as long as I want.

actually the mods reduce the value, they do not in any ****ing way increase it unless you happen to find a 16 year old retarded first time car buyer with more money than sense

I usually agree. BUT, if it's a clean car with tasteful mods (sounds like the OP's car is) and you find someone wanting a car like that, it could easily be worth a little more than book value. As much as the mods all added up? No, not even close. But that car's worth $6k stock, and with the mods, I could easily see getting $8k, maybe even $9k.

As it seems like the OP mentioned, the key is going to be patience. I seriously doubt you'd get a buyer like that in a short time frame.