how should I put plate on new bumper?

fiveoh_don

Jul 11, 2001
Kansas City
I had a Cervini Stalker bumper installed on my car a couple months ago. A month ago a state trooper gave me a fix-it ticket because I didn't have the front license plate on. Does anyone with the same bumper have their license plate on? If so, what way did you put it on. I could make a bracket, but that'd be too much work, and there is a lip on the bumper that'd make it hard to screw it on like normal. Any tips would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

One of the few good things about living in Kansas, no front license plates, and oh yeah, no emissions. :D

The taped idea sounded good. Last time I got a fix it ticket for a headlight the policeman at the substation didn't even look at my car. He just asked me if I got it fixed, and signed off the ticket.

I don't have to take the car in to prove it to them, but the trooper that gave me the warning gave me a ticket a year and a half ago for speeding and tinted windows- which I got a warning for a year before that. I drive on a road often that's in this dude's territory. I DO want to put the license plate on for good- just wish I didn't have to drill a hole in the bumper to do it.

Theres now way Id want to drill holes in a cervinis bumper. I got a $70 Fine for no front plate after I got the car back from the body shop and they dident put my front plate back on, the state trooper dident care and still gave me the ticket. Im going w/ a new front nose this spring as well and they can go to hell if they think Im going to drill holes in it just to put a damn plate on, go ahead give me anohther $70 ticket :bang:

zip ties work also. just tie it around the bumper if it will fit, alos put some cushion in between teh plate and the bumper so that it doesnt cut the paint. or **** duct tape and lots of it. what cant duct tape fix? but yeah that hide away one is sweet.