How thick can I go with bondo?

shotsy

Apr 8, 2005
Oklahoma City
I'm getting everything ready for paint an the drivers door on my rig is terrible, The PO had the door drilled full of holes and bondo'd to the moon, like 3/4 of an inch thick at the deepest part of the dent. To refill this huge void (front 1/3d of the door) how thick should I apply the bondo in layers so it doesnt crack out? :shrug:

Also anyone have a decent driver side door for a 70 that they wanna part with, as I'd rather not try to make that much putty look good

• Sponsors (?)

The door is gone, replace the door. '69 or '70 door would work. Another option is to get a skin and have the door reskinned, but I don't know if they make skins for '69-'70.

Have you tried Mustang Parts of Oklahoma? They have a big parts yard off 29th and Eastern that they keep parts at that they bring to the shop.

Yeah they want over 500 bucks for a door, there a bit steep on big ticket items like that. But for the little odds and ends thy doo pretty good, sold me the whole roof off of a 70 coupe and delivered it for 450.00 :nice:

get another door just look around and find one at a fun ford weekend

just for the record the bondo has to be within 1/8 thick and put some primer over it or it will bleed through it in the paint job