How time flies

It's foxbody season again so here I am lurking the forums. Time surely does fly. Last year I listed the car for sale and thought I was done for the hobby, and had my sights set on an early 60s ford. I received a reasonable offer, but something nagged at me not to do it. My youngest daughter is now two and low and behold she loves the mustang. I've been bringing her to daycare in it on the nice days, and now she just wants to sit in the thing even when it's parked in the garage. I guess when you're a kid having a cool red interior is a lot better than boring beige, grey, or black, I guess that nagging feeling was the universe telling me not to sell it, and the fact that both my daughters love it means it's here for good. At least that's what my wife (she's kind of a hippy) says.

2023 will be my 10th year with it. I bought it as a welcome home present after my final deployment. It's been with me through two marriages, two houses, three kids, and a new career. I don't drive it nearly as much now, but that actually makes me enjoy it more. I love driving it when I have no where to go.

I'll be 40 next next year and the late 80's-90's nostalgia I think is really getting to us elder millenials. Simpler times I guess, especially considering the state of the world now. Getting in that time machine makes me want to drive to a movie theatre, use a pay phone, break out an actual photo album, and go see an old friend rather than like one of their posts/or photos on the socials.

Cheers to all of you guys helping to keep the community alive. Let's hope we can all enjoy what we have well into our next years.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 6 users
  • Sponsors (?)

It's foxbody season again so here I am lurking the forums. Time surely does fly. Last year I listed the car for sale and thought I was done for the hobby, and had my sights set on an early 60s ford. I received a reasonable offer, but something nagged at me not to do it. My youngest daughter is now two and low and behold she loves the mustang. I've been bringing her to daycare in it on the nice days, and now she just wants to sit in the thing even when it's parked in the garage. I guess when you're a kid having a cool red interior is a lot better than boring beige, grey, or black, I guess that nagging feeling was the universe telling me not to sell it, and the fact that both my daughters love it means it's here for good. At least that's what my wife (she's kind of a hippy) says.

2023 will be my 10th year with it. I bought it as a welcome home present after my final deployment. It's been with me through two marriages, two houses, three kids, and a new career. I don't drive it nearly as much now, but that actually makes me enjoy it more. I love driving it when I have no where to go.

I'll be 40 next next year and the late 80's-90's nostalgia I think is really getting to us elder millenials. Simpler times I guess, especially considering the state of the world now. Getting in that time machine makes me want to drive to a movie theatre, use a pay phone, break out an actual photo album, and go see an old friend rather than like one of their posts/or photos on the socials.

Cheers to all of you guys helping to keep the community alive. Let's hope we can all enjoy what we have well into our next years.
thank you for your service ... at ease

hell yeh! Your hooked. :nice:
Good job and thank you for your service.

I wish I was 40 again.... I got divorced at 39 with a vasectomy.......

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Forty here and I can remember using this forum at 15 years old. I still have the '65GT and '88GT that I had back then but they are never driven.

What a wild ride it's been. Cheers!

Reactions: 1 users