how to adjust rear brake

• Sponsors (?)

It's supposed to be self-adjusting. Have you checked to see if the cable has snapped? If it hasn't, the pivot for the spring at the base of the handle has frozen up and isn't putting tension on the cable anymore. Only way I know how to fix it is to get a new e-brake handle assembly. You may want to try some WD-40 or some PB Blaster on the spring area and see if it unfreezes. Do this with the e-brake still installed or the spring will unwind and you'll need to buy a new one.

The e-brake on my 94 had frozen up; I was able to remove the e-brake without locking the spring assembly. But on the Cobra donor I had, the spring was still good - I unbolted the e-brake without (fortunately) removing the cable and the spring started to unwind. I had to yank on it pretty good to re-bolt the e-brake down again. There's a way to lock the spring so it doesn't unwind when you remove it.

the cable didn't snap, my ebrake works, but its just too high, i want to get it lower, the spring that your talking about, is that located under car, is it possible to post a picture? thanks for your help