How to adjust the clutch switch

N8Miller

I need NOS....make it 2 of the big ones
Founding Member
Jul 26, 2000
Kingston, PA, USA
the car has been starting funny. it has to have the clutch all the way to the floor . before, it had to be to it, but not like this. i think that the clutch safety switch could be out of adjustment. how do you just it. im mechaniclly inclined, but thorough details would help.
its easier to try this than go through changing the starter and selinoid.
thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Hmmm, thats funny. Check the switch by the clutch pedal and see if its position has moved or something. Or if you put together (just splice together) the two wires going to it you can bypass it altogether. Thats another option.

you arent the only one, bud. i got tired of jammin the pedal through the floor to start. get under there and you will see the white plastic adjusting rod on hte back of the pedal. grab the part that slides on the rod and pull it toward the back of the pedal. this is the adjustment.
the way it works though, is that if you do this, it will get "re-adjusted" once you nail the pedal to the floor (the rod hits the floor and slides up the part you just slid to readjust).
so like suggested above, i spliced the wires together. and since im a brainwashed monkey, i still push the pedal when starting, though i dont need to.
good luck.

man this thread is old, just in case all you gotta do is grab the plastic tab at the end of the plastic rod and push it towards the box, doesnt matter how far because it will click back into place when you push the clutch pedal in...