How to best avoid stalling/drifting from a dead spot while on a steep hill ?

Having had to relearn this with Bullitt, after having automatics since 1979, I have found the e brake method the best way to do it when you can't afford to move, such as when backing uphill out of a parking spot in a garage. It surprised me how effective it was, and it was also the technique I taught my daughter for her CJ7.

• Sponsors (?)

You well Shift from the "P" and go directly to the "D" without stopping at the "N" will usually do it. lol

No seriously though, a Fool proof way never to stall out...
While sitting on the hill with your foot on the brake and clutch, quickly go from the brake to the gas mashing it to the floor, as you do so the car will move backwards slightly let it roll a good 6"- 6 ft. backwards, then pop the clutch all the way out and... Hold her steady!! Yeehaw!!

P.S. I bet this technique would work perfectly fine if the TCS is on?? lol

Deleted due to misinterpretation.

Yeah I'm sure that your technique would work real well, especially with the car sitting less than 6ft behind my damn ass huh. Just WTF are you suggesting, that I crash into the other car's front end or what :mad:

He. Is. Joking.

Basically saying to push clutch in, let off brake, floor it, pop clutch, and hold on.

In laymens terms, just let the tires smoke and then go. /sigh