How To: Change Your Cluster to Blue L.E.D.s/Incandescent bulbs for $8

• Sponsors (?)

Well, I got my Tri-Color Blue Led's from Autolumination yesterday and did the install.
I was so looking forward to that nice blue as seen in the pics, but instead was treated to half assed dimly lit gauges. I could barely see my Oil Temp and Fuel gauges. AND, the gauges were still GREEN!!

All of the LED's were installed correctly and functioning as behind the cluster, it was bright blue, but for whatever reason, the blue was not showing thru.

I had to toss my stock bulbs back in as there was just no way I could drive with the blue led's. On my speedometer, 10mph thru 40mph was completely dark.

Hope is not lost though, as I intend to figure out the correct way to make this work as switching the bulbs is a cake walk.

Well, I got my Tri-Color Blue Led's from Autolumination yesterday and did the install.
I was so looking forward to that nice blue as seen in the pics, but instead was treated to half assed dimly lit gauges. I could barely see my Oil Temp and Fuel gauges. AND, the gauges were still GREEN!!

All of the LED's were installed correctly and functioning as behind the cluster, it was bright blue, but for whatever reason, the blue was not showing thru.

I had to toss my stock bulbs back in as there was just no way I could drive with the blue led's. On my speedometer, 10mph thru 40mph was completely dark.

Hope is not lost though, as I intend to figure out the correct way to make this work as switching the bulbs is a cake walk.

Sounds like you did what I did first: you installed the LEDs wrong. They are + and - sensitive. Try turning the entire bulb housing 180 and re-tighten down. 99.9% sounds like two of your bulbs weren't on.

Mine are as blue as blue can be. :shrug:
gauges.jpg

nice.

i was thinking the odo would be more trouble seeings how its like a calculator screen. im wondering if a computer repair place could do a good job soldering the radio lights in?

did my blue tri led's tonight, i have white face guages, amazing!!! so much better then single led..no more ghetto hot spots..i love em!!! um, do I have to post pics? I am lazy..but if you ask for it, i'll give them..pretty much looks like ambo's setup. what are the best LED's for 194?? they have some that cost 10$ a piece..i dont feel like getting those unless its proven!

I put mine in and had the same problem as blackie lawless but all of my LEDs where in properly, it was just VERY dim. The quality of the picture is crappy, but I assure you, its THAT dim. Also, did anyone have trouble fitting the tri LEDs through the holes in the back of the cluster?

Attachments

• Dash.jpg
    Dash.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 208
Yup, looks like this only works with White face gauges. Here's my stock cluster with the blue tri-led's. All bulbs confirmed on and lit.

View attachment 385416

Also, in order to make installing the tri-led's a lot easier, take off the white panel exposing the board. This will give you direct access to the holes. No playing operation with the bulbs.

Yup, looks like this only works with White face gauges. Here's my stock cluster with the blue tri-led's. All bulbs confirmed on and lit.

View attachment 385415

Also, in order to make installing the tri-led's a lot easier, take off the white panel exposing the board. This will give you direct access to the holes. No playing operation with the bulbs.

What year is your car? That sucks bro! I don't have white face guages and neither do most of the guys in here that have done is successfully. Mine were green then blue when all is said and done. :bang:

Sorry buddy. Sell your bulbs to someone else in this thread. I'm sure someone will take them off your hands. :nice: