How to clean rear tail lights......

Just like the title says, I used brake cleaner and a few clean towels, I used masking tape to tape off all the painted areas, (with the lights off the car) sprayed a generous amount on the clean towel, then sprayed it directly on the lens's and wiped them off; you should get a milky white substance that wipes off pretty easily, make sure to keep the towel wet with brake cleaner and switch the part of the towel your wiping with so you dont just start to smear the milky substance all over them again. Now once you have gotten all of this crap off, get a clean dry towel, take off the masking tape, use soap and water on the whole assembly and dry it. then after all this use a good quality wax and wax em up nice and slick. I bought some 94 - 95 tails on ebay and they were pretty milky, I looked into the cleaner that my old detailer used, read the ingredients and realized its just a lesser concentrated brake cleaner; Thus the reason I masked off the paint. These lights look absolutely perfect and feel like glass. Just remember to tape off the paint or you will be repainting them... this works for the front lights too, the whole process took me about 2 hours. As for how long they will look like that time will tell, but it has been a few days and they havent hazed up or turned milky even a small amount. I'm sure if I keep them waxed up they'll look great for a long time.

• Sponsors (?)