How to Determine Track Pack option in VIN for 2010 GT Prem.

RC Sanders

Jan 27, 2020
MN
Hey Guys,

I'm new to this forum, and I"m interested in getting a 2010 GT for twisty road fun. I see a lot about the Track Pack and what it includes, but it seems difficult to tell if cars on the maker have it or not. Can you decode the VIN to see if a car has the Track Pack? I've tried several VIN decode sites but none seem to actually work, or provide a window sticker or build sheet. Thoughts?

• Sponsors (?)

I had a 2010 Track Pack and no the vin # will not tell you if the car has the Track Pack. Only the window sticker will tell you but you can use the vin to pull up the sticker online using websites like this one https://www.windowstickerbyvin.com/ford/
Otherwise all Track Pack cars have 3.73 rear, and had unique wheels which were 19x8.5 with 255/40 -19 Pirelli P-Zero summer tires. Though it is unlikely you will find one with the original tires, track pack cars are the only non Shelby Mustangs that came with 19" wheels in 2010. Also they have no rear spoiler. Those are the obvious differences . There are other difference, larger sway bars, stiffer bushing, different brake pads, etc. but nothing you are going to be able to see any by looking at the car.
Just keep in mind that wheels, gears, spoilers, can be changed so the window sticker is the only way to be 100% sure.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user
I had a 2010 Track Pack and no the vin # will not tell you if the car has the Track Pack. Only the window sticker will tell you but you can use the vin to pull up the sticker online using websites like this one https://www.windowstickerbyvin.com/ford/
Otherwise all Track Pack cars have 3.73 rear, and had unique wheels which were 19x8.5 with 255/40 -19 Pirelli P-Zero summer tires. Though it is unlikely you will find one with the original tires, track pack cars are the only non Shelby Mustangs that came with 19" wheels in 2010. Also they have no rear spoiler. Those are the obvious differences . There are other difference, larger sway bars, stiffer bushing, different brake pads, etc. but nothing you are going to be able to see any by looking at the car.
Just keep in mind that wheels, gears, spoilers, can be changed so the window sticker is the only way to be 100% sure.

Thanks SVTpilot. After some digging I found an even more interesting "fact". It seems that ine 2011 GT's got suspension upgrades that looked similar to the 2010 Track Pack. After reading several reviews of the 2010 GT's it seems that the press loved the TP and Ford seemed to listen. So, rather than looking at TP 2010 GT's I'm looking at 2011 GT 5.0's in general.

And yes, I did notice that the 19" wheels do indicate various packages, so that's been educational/helpful as well. I do think that in 2010 you could get 19" wheels as a stand alone option, but they are different wheels than the TP ones. Probably due to offsets or brake clearances or something.