How To? Door & Quarter Window Exterior Weatherstips/window Wipes Install On 89 Mustang

CopNaStang

Aug 19, 2009
Ok, I have a 1989 Mustang GT convertible. I have the interior panels off, so the inner window weatherstrips are self explanatory and attach to the interior panels themsemselves. I cant seem to find any videos on replacing the outter window and quarter window weather strip/dew wipes. Anyone that has done this before if you can give me advice I would appreciate it.

• Sponsors (?)

The rear quarter inside and outside dew wipes are stapled or riveted on to the interior panel. You should remove the rear quater interior panels to gain access and r&r the inners on the bench. Some guys have cut them out but I found it easier just to remove the panel.

American Muscle sells the inner and outer weatherstrips in a kit

http://www.americanmuscle.com/inner-outer-quarterbelt-kit-8393-vert.html

inner and outer

95713_alt3?$mproductlarge$&wid=810&hei=608.jpg

outer
94307_alt1?$mproductlarge$&wid=810&hei=608.jpg
out

Reactions: 1 user
I bought them and currently am installing the inner strips attached to the panels. The car is in the shop so I'm just getting prepared for when it gets back and I don't know how the outer do strips are attached. I'm not sure if I have to take off the exterior moldings to gain access or not.