How to fix drivers seat?

fastimes69

Founding Member
Jun 27, 2001
San Benito, Texas
The back part of the seat in my car is broken. When you sit down, it leans on one side only. I've seen several mustangs with seats broken this way I guess from hefty guys leaning on them. Is there a way to fix this or is it better to replace the seats! I would prefer to fix it for now!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Heres some info that might help:

I don't know if you're describing the same problem, but basically, for taking apart the back of the seat it's not too bad. You'll need to pull the seat out of the car (4 bolts - possibly an electric connector). Then unzip the back of the seat and you'll need to reach up with a screwdriver. This is the hardest part. Feel around with your fingers and move the headrest up and down a few times so you get na idea of where the spring-strap-clip setup is that holds it in. It latches onto a groove in the headrest. You need to pry this up and pull the headrest out. It only moves a little and the headrest will pull right out. Once you do that you're homefree. Just pull the black sheathing out of the headrest hole if your year/model has it. Then slide the cover/cushion right off. You should be able to see your problem.

replace it, or if you are broke, swap it out with the passenger seat, the controls will be on the other side, but it's better than trying to drive from the backseat.