How to fix Ignition lock cylinder housing destroyed.

Mustang5L5

Put lubricant all over the balls
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
I know this is 6 months old but I hope someone replies. I have the same issue. My ‘95 GT was stolen 11/29/21, I got it back a different color, trashed, filled with food wrappers, dog food and drugs. The ¥£€#% [email protected]& ripped the ignition housing ALL the way down one one side. Isn’t there just an “ignition lock housing replacement” we can get? I know they have it for other cars. I don’t wanna replace the whole column. Before stolen and after pix attached. Can you pick which are which? Lol

Holy :poo: that sucks.

Unfortunately I’ve never seen that part sold apart from buying an entire column. I see used ones but can’t comment on how these come apart and can be replaced in sections.

This looks like the part you would need but no clue how to disassemble your column to install this.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors(?)

manicmechanic007

Sep 26, 2017
I know this is 6 months old but I hope someone replies. I have the same issue. My ‘95 GT was stolen 11/29/21, I got it back a different color, trashed, filled with food wrappers, dog food and drugs. The ¥£€#% [email protected]& ripped the ignition housing ALL the way down one one side. Isn’t there just an “ignition lock housing replacement” we can get? I know they have it for other cars. I don’t wanna replace the whole column. Before stolen and after pix attached. Can you pick which are which? Lol
The gold colored tilt pins separate the 2 pieces

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
polk county florida
I've taken apart the fox columns and swapped parts, it's fun, I would recommend another column, get one with the key cylinder, take the cylinder and your original key to a lock smith and they can make your key fit so you only need one key. I believe 94-97 or 98 are the same, keep in mind the anti-theft was an option for some of those years, you obviously didn't have the chip key.
I'm pretty sure only the 94-5 cobra got the chip key.
there are a ton of 94-5 columns out there and I'm pretty sure there's no difference v6 or v8. For wiring simplicity get a 94-5 and it's plug and play.

manicmechanic007

Sep 26, 2017
F6DZ-3511-A That is your lock housing /tilt housing /bearing retainer
Not bad if you've replaced a few
The spring will fight you and can bite

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

90sickfox

Wasn't a pretty sight...and I've got big hands
SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
As stated. Easier to buy a used column. While you're there replace your electrical ignition switch. It's separating.