How to fix Ignition lock cylinder housing destroyed.

I know this is 6 months old but I hope someone replies. I have the same issue. My ‘95 GT was stolen 11/29/21, I got it back a different color, trashed, filled with food wrappers, dog food and drugs. The ¥£€#% $@& ripped the ignition housing ALL the way down one one side. Isn’t there just an “ignition lock housing replacement” we can get? I know they have it for other cars. I don’t wanna replace the whole column. Before stolen and after pix attached. Can you pick which are which? Lol

Holy :poo: that sucks.

Unfortunately I’ve never seen that part sold apart from buying an entire column. I see used ones but can’t comment on how these come apart and can be replaced in sections.

This looks like the part you would need but no clue how to disassemble your column to install this.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I know this is 6 months old but I hope someone replies. I have the same issue. My ‘95 GT was stolen 11/29/21, I got it back a different color, trashed, filled with food wrappers, dog food and drugs. The ¥£€#% $@& ripped the ignition housing ALL the way down one one side. Isn’t there just an “ignition lock housing replacement” we can get? I know they have it for other cars. I don’t wanna replace the whole column. Before stolen and after pix attached. Can you pick which are which? Lol
The gold colored tilt pins separate the 2 pieces

I've taken apart the fox columns and swapped parts, it's fun, I would recommend another column, get one with the key cylinder, take the cylinder and your original key to a lock smith and they can make your key fit so you only need one key. I believe 94-97 or 98 are the same, keep in mind the anti-theft was an option for some of those years, you obviously didn't have the chip key.
I'm pretty sure only the 94-5 cobra got the chip key.
there are a ton of 94-5 columns out there and I'm pretty sure there's no difference v6 or v8. For wiring simplicity get a 94-5 and it's plug and play.

As stated. Easier to buy a used column. While you're there replace your electrical ignition switch. It's separating.

Learn to fix them
A used column might have loose bearings or a loose tilt
Thanks guy. I got the column and ignition cylinder lock all done. Now anyone have any suggestions where or what wire I can cut into for a on/off kill switch? I don’t wanna take her out till I install one. Is the before stolen and after stolen shots I should’ve put in

Attachments

• C0A007E2-8A2B-4ED3-B318-DE48EA407E82.jpeg
    C0A007E2-8A2B-4ED3-B318-DE48EA407E82.jpeg
    151.1 KB · Views: 69
  • 4D4BFC38-0196-4A65-8373-21CE5A913C0F.jpeg
    4D4BFC38-0196-4A65-8373-21CE5A913C0F.jpeg
    188.1 KB · Views: 73
  • B3A85C1C-358F-486B-8099-D4EA62FBCC6B.jpeg
    B3A85C1C-358F-486B-8099-D4EA62FBCC6B.jpeg
    248.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 0C5FA78E-4A57-4CAB-A7DF-D54D23A6EE07.jpeg
    0C5FA78E-4A57-4CAB-A7DF-D54D23A6EE07.jpeg
    423.6 KB · Views: 68
That is a good feeling fixing it yourself
Saved yourself about 4 hundred in labor at the dealer
So many options for a kill switch
I would shut down the power to the coil
I would also put a cut off switch in the fuel pump inertia switch wiring
and Sleep light with a pistol

Interesting how when thieves steal a car they want to destroy it....ALOT of cars nearby in Tampa stolen and I don't understand the time and energy some put into destroying somebody else's property.........
Have you gone on a hunting party yet to find the SOB's that took your car?? Give me a call..... LOL
DSCF0690.JPG

Last edited:
Well since nobody else has suggested anything here is what I'm gonna do, I'll find the power wire from the ignition switch under the dash and put a cut off switch under the dash, keeps things simple. You could get creative with the fuel pump relay or the inertia switch in the trunk.

I found a plug that said AUTO GUARD under the steering column. I think it was part of an alarm system a prior owner had. I disconnected in inline fuse from it and went to start my car and didn't hear the fuel pump prime, the car wouldn't start. I'm going to cut into a wire on one side of the inline fuse tomorrow to hook in my kill switch. I can't believe it. I've had the car for 5 years and saw that plug the whole time but didn't realize I could've used it from day one back then to put in a kill switch. Damn, that punk who stole my car and trashed would've never been able to take it if I'd have known.
To 'limp' it will be a short hunt to find him. The moron left his mail, with his address in my car along with pix of himself on various baseball teams. He should be on America's dumbest criminal tv show.

Restitution
Should be about 16000.00 to start with
Thats the biggest problem... These worthless wastes of oxygen usually have NOTHING or its been spent on dope already.. No, the best is to rid them from civilized society so they cannot ever do it again... Our system is badly broken releasing them" rehabilitated " to terrorize us over and over again

Come by, we can load up for the "visit".. Bring a shove

Thats the biggest problem... These worthless wastes of oxygen usually have NOTHING or its been spent on dope already.. No, the best is to rid them from civilized society so they cannot ever do it again... Our system is badly broken releasing them" rehabilitated " to terrorize us over and over again
I agree percent! My brother has been stealing anything he can get his hands on since he was 11yrs old, he's now 55yrs old. I whipped his ass last month and he took his little SUV and smashed into the driver's door of my 02 Mustang. This time I'm going wreck him and his vehicle when I see him.