How To Remove This Bolt?

• Sponsors (?)

Yes, those have a strange head on them and the "flats" are actually concave. But they are still 6-point and if I remember right, a 9/16 or 14mm wrench will fit over them and get the job done.

Don't try to do them with only one side of the car in the air at a time. Raise the whole front end. They're simply long bolts with nuts at one end, they shouldn't give you any grief as long as the suspension is hanging free.

Are those star socket heads or E type heads? I have had to buy several E size special sockets/drivers for several of my vehicles.

Take a bolt and swing through Autozone or similar and check it out.

[quote="forzalife, post: 8790477, member: 19decey im installing eibach front sway bar on my 90. Everything was going Smoothly but like ALWAYS something comes up. I came across these weird bolts on the passenger side in the engine bay... they have some weird clip that I broke thru and weird nuts with 5 points on them...?

20140107_194543_zpsc09a265d.jpg [/quote]
They were not made for a socket. The decayed plastic was supposed to hold them in place. When it breaks, I do not feel it is cheating to use a pair of real Vice Grips on top and then a good socket from below on the bolt. The nuts are not a standard fastener shape that I know of.
For the end links, you must have the front end level or you will fight the twist and possibly preload the sway bar. Some Liquid Wrench makes removal easier. Do not be surprised if the stock link bolts are bent.