HOW TO SOLVE ERROR CODE 34!!??

Hi all:
I'm having a big issue with error code #34, this after I cleaned the inside of the throttle body. I recently replaced the EVP sensor. I tested it yesterday and it shows 0.45 Volts between EVP and Signal Return cables, the book says that it should be 0.67 Volts or less so it is good.

I checked resistance on the on the EGR Vacuum Regulator (EVR Solenoid) and it shows 42.3 Ohms (I learned it should be between 30 ish and 70 Ohms so it is good.

The EGR valve holds vacuum with no leaks. The only thing about the valve is that I had to smash it a bit ob the side to be able to fit my Kirban AFPR but there is no interference when applying vacuum.

I ran a scan and it shows code 34 then I errased the code with the scanner and scanned again and the code still there, then I disconnected the battery and without starting the engine ran a scan again and the code still there!!!!!!

what do you guys think I should do now. I'm stumped!!!

Please need your ideas, I searched the these forums and all over the net and can't find nothing that helps.

Please help me!!! Nick

• Sponsors (?)

Yes it is nice and clean, no carbon build up and the pintle moves freely when vacuum is applied.

Some how I think it is an electric issue because as I said if I clear the error via scanner and also disconnecting the battery. as soon as I re-connect the battery and without starting the engine I run a KOEO scan and the error 34 still showing , as far as I know there should be no more errors after unless there is a broken wire or perhaps a bad connection at the computer big connector (Oxidation).

I'm confused and maybe I have to check every single wire from the EGR system (EVP and EVR) that go to the computer harness.

Or could it be a bad computer? Please add more suggestions and or ideas :rolleyes:.

Thank you!!!

Well I have no luck!!!

Damn error 34 still there, I have new EVP, EVR, and EGR valve. I checked the resistance on the old EVP sensor and is the same as the brand new one. I a test on the EVR solenoid with a vacuum gauge and snapped the throttle 2500 RPM and doesn't show vacuum but tha same happened with the old.

On a cold engine and when open the switch it shows less than 9 volts at the EVR solenoid connector but when running at normal temp it shows over 12 volts.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Nick