How To Tell Difference Between Gt And Gt Premium

pretender

Jun 26, 2015
We are looking at a vehicle online. It is listed as a GT - but under comments it says premium. It doesn't mention leather seats - but says heated seats - and some of the other standard equipment seems to be missing but not all.

The price is 27,996 and it only has 4041 miles on it. It is also a certified and will come with a 4 year full warranty and 7/100,000 drive train. + good rates for financing thru Ford. We are trying to decide if it is worth looking at. My husband is pretty sure he doesn't want to buy a car right now - but it just seems like it might be a great time to buy - especially if we hit them on the last day of October - (Saturday) for inventory numbers etc.

We would have to drive almost 3 hours to see it....and we would have to get quick financing approval which shouldn't be a problem. But he is thinking for snow - We are in WI he thinks it would be too low to the ground to drive thru heavy snow but we do have a 4 wheel drive pick-up we could use. My car is the GT/CS Convertible and will be stored for the winter.

Thoughts

I have been writing back and forth with their representative and asked them to clarify the situation and haven't heard yet.

• Sponsors (?)

As far as I know the Mustang GT Premium comes standard with, leather seats, Shaker 500 audio system, six-gauge instrument cluster and Sirius Satellite Radio . It also has mycolor which allows you to change the the colors of the gauge and ambient lighting. I'm fairly certain that heated seats are only available with leather.

Last edited:
You are correct and I got them to send me the sticker and it is a premium. I think the main reason my husband is changing his mind isn't just the cost, but driving it in the winter even though we have a 4 wheel drive pickup. Not sure if it is a good price. Originally 35,000 knocked down to 27995. About 20 percent. I think they might deal if we came and looked but have to get bull headed husband up there.thanks for the reply.

As far as I know the Mustang GT Premium comes standard with, leather seats, Shaker 500 audio system, six-gauge instrument cluster and Sirius Satellite Radio . It also has mycolor which allows you to change the the colors of the gauge and ambient lighting. I'm fairly certain that heated seats are only available with leather.

Heated must be an upgrade. My Premium has all that except the heat.

Premium has leather, trims on the doors, ambient lighting, a bit more chrome, dual lighted vanity mirrors, leather wrapped wheel and a host of other small stuff. The tip off that's most obvious is the leather/pleather seats. You definitely want Premium. The base interior is checker-cab crude and on the used market, you won't be paying full chalk for the options

It was a Premium - we went and test drove it and it didn't shift right and didn't have the get up and go that my GT Premium has between 2nd and 3rd gear. Had them pop the hood when we got back and the stabilizer bar across the engine was missing and the red cap on the battery was torn and partially on. Something was up with that car. The guy didn't even know when we asked where the bar was - he said what bar - he knew nothing about the car. The sales manager was abrupt and said - nope I am losing 2000 at this price and if you don't buy it - it will go to auction next week. Spent all of maybe 10 minutes telling us why we should by the car. Red flags everywhere. We said no and walked. Noticed this week it is still listed on internet and the they dropped the price another 300 dollars - couldn't budge for us who spent 3 hours driving to see it. Not that we would have bought it after the weird problems with the test drive etc. Instead I found a Race Car Red GT/CS Premium with 4500 miles on it in GA. We drove 13 1/2 hours and bought it. Wonderful salesman who knew what he was talking about and red carpet treatment at the dealership. It was a Mercedes Benz dealership. The car was a little under 2000 more but had the electronics package with the navigation system etc and the glass moon roof and it was a California Special the exact same as my convertible. Race Red. If any dealers troll thru here - beware - treat your customers right! It will pay off. Literally! (this place worked with us and dropped the price and upped the price on our trade-in) and they aren't going to get any service from us. Didn't matter. If any of you are looking for a Mercedes - go to RBM of Alpharetta GA. Quality Dealership from top to bottom! Ask for Dan. - Great salesman.