How will the GT500 effect 03-04 Cobra prices?

• Sponsors (?)

2NDTIME said:
As a person that in the next year or so could be in the market for a Terminator I am wondering if the GT500 will encourage lower prices due to a deeper market, IE people selling them to upgrade.
I can tell you that most of us current Terminator owners are not upgrading. Maybe once the GT500 comes down to MSRP you'll see some Terminator owners move to the new platform, but most of us aren't willing to spend $60K on a car that in stock trim doesn't have that much over a mildly modified 03/04 let alone a pullied one.

U.M.

I agree with Uncle Meat, few Terminator owners are going to pay $20K over MSRP for a GT-500. They've lived through the markups some Terminator customers paid to be the first to have one only to see the last of them sell at big dicounts with even larger rebates.

Short term I doubt that there will be any effect on Terminator price. Possibly Terminator prices will rise for a short time as people who pass on paying big markups for GT-500s look for a used Terminator.

Long term, when GT-500 prices come down to sticker it may cause Terminator prices to drop a bit more than normal depreciation. But by then the Terminators will be 3 - 5 years old so I really doubt GT-500s will affect their prices.

I hope that it drives down the terminator price a little. I'm still kicking my own butt for not buying an 04 orange cobra with rebate and a plan. This shelby would and might still be a really expensive pill to swallow! I cant decide, I guess I will keep on waiting because they will not get an AMV from me!

100shot said:
Not every Terminator owner will even be able to get a GT500 due to numbers. Way more Terminators were built, so the supply demand thing will remain.

Well, as of today that's true, because GT-500 production just started a couple weeks ago. But it won't be true 2 years from now.

19,140 Terminators were built.

As of right now Ford plans to build 18,000 or so GT-500s, so the total production #s will end up about the same.