How'd he do it?

• Sponsors (?)

Let me start by saying with a C4, there is really no driver involved...

Also that is FAR FAR from a stock motor. Also read some of the things he says, Production block with a stock bore. He could have offset ground the crank, maybe some lightened rods, maybe a hone and re ring (this is worth some power, from what my car showed) who knows what else. Now add in the fully worked E7s (again stock heads, but they can be made to perform), a ported Ebrock intake, cam, all the bolt ons, a built C4, and suspension. The 11.9 sounds about right or average for a car built like that.

There have been plenty of fast E7 cars, but most of them were from back in the day, and they werent plastered on the internet but sitting in guys yards.

A friend of mine had a 331 stroker, carbed car with hogged out E7s and went 11.2 all motor, with a stick shift.

After that rant, clean looking car, just needs a 5-speed to be something real nice! :D

EDIT: this is his car...

capri_tasca_06-455x291.jpg

Let me start by saying with a C4, there is really no driver involved...

Also that is FAR FAR from a stock motor. Also read some of the things he says, Production block with a stock bore. He could have offset ground the crank, maybe some lightened rods, maybe a hone and re ring (this is worth some power, from what my car showed) who knows what else. Now add in the fully worked E7s (again stock heads, but they can be made to perform), a ported Ebrock intake, cam, all the bolt ons, a built C4, and suspension. The 11.9 sounds about right or average for a car built like that.

There have been plenty of fast E7 cars, but most of them were from back in the day, and they werent plastered on the internet but sitting in guys yards.

A friend of mine had a 331 stroker, carbed car with hogged out E7s and went 11.2 all motor, with a stick shift.

After that rant, clean looking car, just needs a 5-speed to be something real nice! :D

EDIT: this is his car...

capri_tasca_06-455x291.jpg

i've said it more than once, and i'll say it again, there is more to driving than shifting, and pushing in a clutch, on a c4 you can shift it manually also, on a t-5 you just push the shifter down to second, pretty much push it straight up and it'll go into 3 and so on,on an auto, just up or down according to how its setup, same principle, just another pedal

oooooooooohhhhhhhhhh people look i can shift!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jaw: there is a reason the fastest cars have auto's[/

i've said it more than once, and i'll say it again, there is more to driving than shifting, and pushing in a clutch, on a c4 you can shift it manually also, on a t-5 you just push the shifter down to second, pretty much push it straight up and it'll go into 3 and so on,on an auto, just up or down according to how its setup, same principle, just another pedal

oooooooooohhhhhhhhhh people look i can shift!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jaw: there is a reason the fastest cars have auto's[/

:bang: Yep, launching and shifting a stick car properly is exactly the same as driving an auto. No difference at all. My grandmother drives an auto so she could easily make a good pass in a pro shifted car.

Well my 110 lb sister can run a C4 equipped car faster than my 190 lb a$$ can, simply because she weighs less and can drive it. She can barely get a 5-speed car moving down the street, you better believe she isn't out there powershifting it.

There is NOT a lot more to running a C4 equipped 11 second car than flooring it and clicking the shifter when your supposed to. I know this as I have driven 9 and 10 second auto and stick cars.

Fastest cars dont have auto or manual, the top fuel and funny cars dont have transmissions with gears, just a clutch set up, and prostock cars are clutchless manuals. :D

Automatics are for people who can't drive a stick with enough consistency to win...period. There are plenty of skilled stick drivers out there who can run right along with the race prepped automatic guys.

As for running what he ran, it's very possible, it just takes a car that is set up specifically for running as fast as possible in the 1/4. Light weight, drag suspension setup, slicks, gears etc. 300rwhp can get you 11s all day long if your car can use that power to its fullest potential. If you're driving a 3300lb car with stock suspension and 3.08s you can make 100 more hp and still not run as fast.