How's this for a 215 hp sleeper?

• Sponsors (?)

How's this for a sleeper?
This is my cousin's '94GT which is stock appearing right down to the 4X4 springs. His dyno graph is attached as well, the numbers were made at 6lbs of boost on a very conservative tune and trust me at 6lbs you can not hear the blower at all.

matts94gt.jpg

mattdynorun.txt

EDIT: These numbers were made with the standard KB inlet, he has since switched to a flowzilla inlet and a home ported GT40 lower intake which should have been good for an additional 40rwhp on average!

Killercanary said:
How's this for a sleeper?
This is my cousin's '94GT which is stock appearing right down to the 4X4 springs. His dyno graph is attached as well, the numbers were made at 6lbs of boost on a very conservative tune and trust me at 6lbs you can not hear the blower at all.

matts94gt.jpg

mattdynorun.txt

EDIT: These numbers were made with the standard KB inlet, he has since switched to a flowzilla inlet and a home ported GT40 lower intake which should have been good for an additional 40rwhp on average!

Thats crazy! Is it the stock heads/cam?

At what amount of boost do u start to hear that famous "jet" sound from the kb's?

Nate, that is with AFR165's, and an FTI cam at 6lbs. The car made 399/399 on its first pull, but since this is his daily driver he wanted it on the safe side and it ended up at the numbers above. It seems the KB's start to "scream" at 8-10lbs. The area under the curve is what makes my mouth drop, if you tried to draw it by hand I don't think you could make it look any better!

Anymore i find cars that look fast usually aren't. So the idea of sleepers has kinda gotten a new meaning to it. I think of a sleeper as a car with one tail pipe and v-6 badges or rusted out peices of crap that you laugh at when you see it. Or one of my favorites a beefy big block in a stationwagon. Those are the ultimate sleepers. A v-8 mustang, even stock looking in my opinion is not really a sleeper.

moneypit94 said:
Anymore i find cars that look fast usually aren't. So the idea of sleepers has kinda gotten a new meaning to it. I think of a sleeper as a car with one tail pipe and v-6 badges or rusted out peices of crap that you laugh at when you see it. Or one of my favorites a beefy big block in a stationwagon. Those are the ultimate sleepers. A v-8 mustang, even stock looking in my opinion is not really a sleeper.
well even w/ our *v8's, i don't think they put out enough power to not be considered a sleeper. Paul's cousin's car looks like your average stock gt, probably more so because it doesn't even have a drop. i've seen it happen w/ me and my car--guys in newer gt's, cobras, and 05's revv up next to me 'cause all they see is a stock 94 gt. in my case my car is def not a sleeper, but they assume, since it was stock looking, there were no mods. it would've been nice to have a sleeper and to be able to rip on them for doubting, hehe.

Oh I totally disagree with a 95 not being a sleeper. I have it pointed out to me by several people with the LT LS1's referring to my "mouse" motor. I've even had neon's, which some of the new one's roll out, but I'm talking the generic neons, rev there engines beside me, I think everyone knows the stang's were only at 215 hp for our years.........