How's This For A Long-block?!?!

Naturally, we all want our cars to be faster, so while at the Norwalk NMRA event I happened to stumble into the Ford Racing tent and saw this bad boy. Brand new released for 2013, all aluminum block and heads. It got me thinking, $13000 for a pretty much bolt on 2013 Shelby GT500 killer with plenty of room to grow. Oh yeah, it comes with a 2 year warranty from Ford.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=12379

M-6007-Z427ART.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Suggested Retail Price $14,995.00

Does not include intake manifold or distributor
Mechanical cam - No Warranty
  • This engine has a performance oil pan and pick-up, regular rotation timing cover and regular rotation water pump and non-EFI valve covers.
  • A different performance oil pan and pickup may be required for your application. Call the Techline at (800) FORD788 for more information.
  • The timing chain cover will work with most regular rotation water pumps.
  • Fuel pump eccentric M-6287-B302 installed, allows use of mechanical fuel pump
  • A standard rotation water pump is installed on the engine. Other applications may require different water pumps and timing chain covers.
  • The valve covers M-6582-W427P should fit most non-EFI applications, optional valve covers (sold separately)
  • The damper M-6316-D302 may require a spacer for pulley alignment.
  • Flywheel not included, the engine is neutral balanced.
:shrug:

Okay, I've seen for $13000 using my friend Google and many, myself included already have the required missing parts. i.e., 351 based upper and lower intake manifold. So even for those that don't, let's figure $14000. Still, what this motor has out of the box and potential for growth is impressive for pushrod power.

Okay, I've seen for $13000 using my friend Google and many, myself included already have the required missing parts. i.e., 351 based upper and lower intake manifold. So even for those that don't, let's figure $14000. Still, what this motor has out of the box and potential for growth is impressive for pushrod power.

14 grand and most people still have to buy the intake, carb, flywheel, distributor, etc..

Oh yeah, it comes with a 2 year warranty from Ford.

Where's that 2 year warranty again? Ford says no warranty.

Mechanical cam - No Warranty
Sorry I'd pass.