How's your pedal feel or throttle response?...

Pokageek

Jun 10, 2005
MA, USA
After I put on my FR 65mm throttle body, I thought it made a MAJOR difference. The car took off like a bat and a lot more fun to drive...but then I had problems with my idle comin back down at a stop and re-checked the connections.

Well, come to find out, the throttle cable was slightly wrapped thus taking the slack out. So I simply un-snagged it and no more sticking rpms! HOWEVER, it felt like my car lost its balls (for lack of a better word), lol. I would like to get that killer throttle response back...Any ideas? It was so awesome that it felt like 50 more HP. No kidding.

Should I try buying a new cable? maybe this one is a bit loose and tired? Should I "un-sodder" this one, tighten it up and re sodder it? I tried aftermarket Stainless steel and it did not fit the pedal right and was too short and made a zipper sound whenever I touched the pedal..

• Sponsors (?)

final5-0 said:
The slack should make no never mind as long as the tb blade opens 90* to the opening at wot.

Grady

Yep, as Grady said, this mod does nothing for power, it's just the blade opens sooner since there isn't any slack to get through in the cable first, so you THINK that it has 50 more HP, lol. But hey, if it feels faster, it's a good thing, even if it's not, lol.

I lost my throttle return spring, but it has had no negative effects on me. I like the response better without it anyway, much more free revving. My spring was so stiff you really had to mash the gas pedal, I hated it. I suppose it could get stuck open, but the throttle body blade itself is sprign loaded as well, so I think it would be rare that this would happen.

CManT1914 said:
I lost my throttle return spring, but it has had no negative effects on me. I like the response better without it anyway, much more free revving. My spring was so stiff you really had to mash the gas pedal, I hated it. I suppose it could get stuck open, but the throttle body blade itself is sprign loaded as well, so I think it would be rare that this would happen.

HMMMM ........

[Justin contemplates on if he should do this or not ........]