HP Estimate anyone? 393 c.i. 8.5:1 compression na then turbo?

• Sponsors (?)

Think it would ultimately depend on your supporting mods, heads, etc. I know several people with 347s / 351s that are making around 350 or so. Youd hope 40 plus more cubic inches would get you a tad more power. What heads did you plan on running?

I'm strongly considering doing the exact same thing, and I won't be happy with less than 600rwhp. ;) My guess would be 350-380rwhp N/A with your current head's/intake on a 8.5:1 393W. Also, what parts do you need to get 8.5:1 on a 393? The best I could find was 9.1:1 with 58cc heads. :shrug:

Thanks guys. Good question Mike. I will be using my 205's. Rick said I will need them to get the power I want. If you are curious tho you can ask Rick. I'll see if I can get him to chime in on the thread.

WOW!! I haven't been on here for awhile ...what did I miss??

Why are you selling your motor and building a new one?? If I remember right you didn't like the rough idle? Why not change the cam and if the comp is too much change the pistons and then add a turbo?

So if your selling your headers I might be interested! I am making the power I'm at with 1 5/8 hooker shortys and I need a bigger header for sure. So how well do yours fit with regards to ground clearance?

"It depends."

I don't think 1 HP per cubic inch is unreasonable. Then throw 10-12 pounds of boost at it. 600 HP all day long. Killer is getting 380rwhp on a 331 with AFR 165s. Granted his cam is meatier but you'll have him by 60 cubes.

Adam