HP estimates

Ok so picked up someone elses project and would like to get some estimates of power. Holley max upper and lower, bbk 70 mm tb, 24lb injectors with cal maf not sure what size maf, e303 cam afr 165cc heads, cai, off road h pipe, bbk shorties headers stock bottom end. just trying to get a guesstimate. and how much power could i be not getting without dyno tune.

• Sponsors (?)

Prob around 300 rwhp, maybe a little more. A tune might get you a couple more hp. The reason that I have my car tuned is more for driveability than gaining hp. Once you change injectors and the Maf all you are doing is fooling the computer. When you get your car tuned you can actually change the Maf transfer in the computer instead of tricking it with a "calibrated" Maf. It is expensive, but in my opinion worth the money if you can spare the cash. If you are on a tight budget and the car runs ok, then don't spend the money. I have about 600$ in my supplies for tuning. But that is only paying 100$ for a tune. Most likely a tune at a dyno shop will be several hundred for the tune.

Reactions: 1 user