HP/TQ gain from Bullitt intake?

crashGTR1

Dec 2, 2003
Chicago
Hey again everyone. This Spring, once my car's out of storage, I'm doing the headswap with Stage II ported and polished P.I. heads. I already have a decent idea of what to expect from this setup (with P.I. cams for now), in terms of horsepower and torque. However, if I were to forego the plastic GT intake and go with a Bullitt intake and have it ported and polished, how much would I be looking at in terms of added horsepower and torque? I'm only doing this once, and I want to do it right and make sure I get solid, reliable power and performance out of my new setup, even if it is a bit more expensive. So, if you have any ideas or any experience with this intake, please post. Thanks as always. You guys (and girls) are great.
--Adam

• Sponsors (?)

dude bullitt intakes seem to only make 5-7 hp and cost 1400$ once you get everything u need.It would seem to better sense to get a new upper plenum that gives the same gains and spend the other $1200 on somthing else.I got a Dragon plenum and gained 6 rwhp and 9 rwtq.

mike2858 said:
not very much of a difference with NA but i heard with power adder it makes a huge difference

Hmm...I'm definitely NOT going with any power adders, as I want to stay naturally aspirated for as long as possible, so I think I might just skip the whole $1000+ Bullitt deal then. What exactly is this Dragon plenum though? Thank you.
--Adam

are you guys posting your opinions on your personal experiences? or are you just vomitting :bs: about a part that you know nothing about?(except Bone)

GTR, if you want to get info on the real world results of a bullitt intake swap, pm mustang92 or visit modulardepot and post this question there.

there might be some strange reason that the fastest N/A mustangs in the country are all running bullitts :shrug:

Jackie Chan said:
are you guys posting your opinions on your personal experiences? or are you just vomitting :bs: about a part that you know nothing about?(except Bone)

GTR, if you want to get info on the real world results of a bullitt intake swap, pm mustang92 or visit modulardepot and post this question there.

there might be some strange reason that the fastest N/A mustangs on the country are all running bullitts :shrug:
He actually has a point :shrug:

yeh i know- personally if i was to go with a new intake i would get this one but i was just warning him that if he spends the 1200 or so on it that he shouldnt expect to be blown away by gobs of added HP.

:OT: my friend said something about him getting his intake bored out? has anyone done or heard of this? is there much of a benefit?

mike2858 said:
yeh i know- personally if i was to go with a new intake i would get this one but i was just warning him that if he spends the 1200 or so on it that he shouldnt expect to be blown away by gobs of added HP.

:OT: my friend said something about him getting his intake bored out? has anyone done or heard of this? is there much of a benefit?

if you dont know what you are talking about, why reply? if you want to know about porting your stock intake start a new thread or do a search on the billion or so that were already posted or pm bladzee

Depending on what else you have done, the Bullitt intake gains a peak HP of around 6-10. But that doesn't tell the whole story. Where the stock intake drops off, the Bulllitt intake does not. So at higher rpms the Bullitt intake is worth upwards of 20 plus HP. You can feel the difference, on the street and at the track. 2 tenths of a second better 1/4 mile times is a big difference.

I agree, the price is high. Not for everybody.

Starkie

He's also talking about putting it on top of some worked heads, I would assume the gains would be greater in that case. :shrug:

Personally, I would go with the new Fox Lake over the Bullitt. It picked up a decent amount of power on a stock car, I'd really like to see what it could do on a nice set of heads. :drool: