Hrmmm....what am I up to?

• Sponsors (?)

Somebody's been having fun! :D

It kind of reminds me of my car a couple years ago...
100_0398.JPG

Attachments

• 100_0398.JPG
    100_0398.JPG
    183.1 KB · Views: 48
Well not much new to update on, besides the fact that they masked off the window that i stupidly left open before i pulled the engine out :nonono: and they sanded the engine bay...here's some pics...I'm guessing these kind of pics will start showing up on here more frequently once they get deeper into it

DSCI0034.jpg

DSCI0031.jpg

DSCI0032.jpg

DSCI0029.jpg

DSCI0033.jpg

DSCI0030.jpg

That's the paintbooth in behind in the last pic...it really does hurt me to see the car like this

pretty boring at this point, but they say they're going to hold the car in there for almost a month.....this makes me happy

wow ,i cant wait to see it when we are finished the rebuild ,its gonna look bad ass.....That paint booth looks pretty good ,i think im gonna take my car there to get the hood painted when i get it(also going black on grey) Aaron ,let me no if you need any help with anything!!

Attachments

• DSCI0034.jpg
    DSCI0034.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCI0031.jpg
    DSCI0031.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 61
  • DSCI0032.jpg
    DSCI0032.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCI0029.jpg
    DSCI0029.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 58
  • DSCI0033.jpg
    DSCI0033.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCI0030.jpg
    DSCI0030.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 69
Aaron is a pimp. You don't actually think he pays in money, do you?

How I pay for my paintjob is my business.....that's what I told every one of the 32 guys that I paid....:D

I think i just vomited a bit as i typed that

it's really not costing me that much....although my 8 thousand dollar budget is almost gone...which is sad...but in the end, it'll be great...I'm probably going to go far beyond the budget that I originally planned

haha, Mike, it's pictures like that, that make me hopeful for what my car will look like later on....

Jeff, the parts'll start flowing in tomorrow, and after that, it's just a matter of getting things together and making a more detailed plan of the build (hidden wires, what needs to be polished/powdercoated, etc)

I talked to the powdercoat guy today, and he's all ready to get things done once I get peices sanded and such....I just gotta get into the sanding more than I have already

other than that....it's just a waiting game for the car, and a ****load of pics as the days go on

Aaron, you should be able to pull the door panel and use a charged 12 volt drill battery to power your window up if you want to.

I'd be so happy to have a car that looked like yours or Mike's, and you guys go ahead an electively do this stuff. Must be nice. :hail2:

Hey Aaron, I don't care if it gets done the may-june or next year, but I want finished pics now! lol

Ask those guys if they need any help! I'm leaving my house right now to come up there and get my hands dirty.

Hey Aaron, I don't care if it gets done the may-june or next year, but I want finished pics now! lol

Ask those guys if they need any help! I'm leaving my house right now to come up there and get my hands dirty.

haha, any creative help you can provide would be not only fun to have, but even better to make happen in the end...

haha, you guys have already seen finished pictures....well, it was a photoshop, but hopefully it comes as close to the photoshop as it possibly can...

Trav.....:lol:

this thread is the ultimate in motivation to keep at it....so umm....keep the words coming, I'll try to post daily updates with pics, if i can

so what did you decide to break up the colors are you adding another color?? i cant remember what you decided??

nope, not going to break up the color....I wanna see what it'll look like without a stripe....if I feel it needs it, I can always add it later

Today, my Intake Manifold came in, so I've gotta get that down to the shop for sanding, then get it to the machine shop for the lower to get ported...it actually looks alot cleaner than it did on the internet, so I'm happy...I originally had thoughts about immediately selling it and going for 69Clark's BBK SSI. What I'm not happy about is the 141 dollars it cost me in brokerage fees....this kind of stuff is ridiculous, I will never have UPS ship over the border for me again :nonono:

As for the heads, they should be on their way to you soon, Urban, so we'll figure something out once they're there....I'll get some better pics of the intake manifold tomorrow, for now i'm too lazy to upload the ones i took tonight

hahaha....

ok ok you guys got me, i'm hoping that sooner or later the mods will just give in and make a sticky called "Aaron's random things that happen while he's sorting his car out"

Mods?