hsean's project "resto mod"

I also deleted the fender antenna hole when I redid the body. It just cleans up the from of the car 100%. I'm gonna have to pull my headliner soon because I fear there is a broken rivet in the t-top frame. I get this nasty rattle every time I go over a bump or shut the door. Maybe when I decide to dive into that I'll look into doing one of those low-profile antennas. And I'll prewire for a future nav/sat radio while I'm at it.

Keep up the progress man. It's gonna look killer with all the little details complete. :nice:

thats sucks you should be an expert with the amount of times you had take this thing apart. i am glad to see that is it going back together .i couldn't believe those flood pics i don't know what i would do if that happened to me.i sold my second vette after a neighbors kid of my aunts scratched the body with his bike.i have a few more surprises with this build when it gets closer to completion.as far as the nav/ sat radio i have to weld in a bracket to make it fit in there eventually.i already cut the area where it will go in.i removed the airbag module since i have a dummy airbag going in my steering wheel.

• Sponsors (?)

have time off from work so been getting alittle work done

painted the rear

18.jpg

epoxy primered these brackets that are going to hold my oem cobra body parts

2-12.jpg

some other items that i painted

6-10.jpg

7-8.jpg

5-10.jpg

1a-2.jpg

maximum motorsports steering shaft

3-12.jpg

4-12.jpg

the brackets welded for the rear bench
8-7.jpg

9-7.jpg

the rear seat installed but i still have to put the carpetting down and install the inner quarter panels.
10-5.jpg

19-1.jpg

18a.jpg

installed the k-member and powersteering rack i thought there would be a bigger contrast between the black k-member and cyber gray rack.

i need to get the bolt for the steering shaft i gave the stock one away by mistake.

20-1.jpg

21-1.jpg

22-1.jpg

did alittle mocking up of the navigation radio install i cut the section of metal dash brace where the radio goes in.i then fabricated a bracket for the radio and welded it to the dash and installed the radio .right now my problem is i used the center console from an 88 and the black dash is from a 90 stang as you can see in the pic it doesn't sit flat.
15-2.jpg

in case your wondering i am using the center console from an 87 mclaren
it will be reupholstered in the same material as the seats
DSC00241.jpg

DSC00242.jpg

the radio in but i will probably have to get a 90-93 center console and fix it up like this one here.
16-2.jpg

the steering wheel that i will be using but needs new leather and the dummy airbag .the thing looks real and being that my car wasn't an airbag car i don't have to have an airbag in there.
12-5.jpg

13-3.jpg

i cut this section for the quarter window mock up this is going to be a challenge because it is a good 3" shorter on the bottom i will probably cut it out of a 79-86 and plastic weld it to my 90 black inner quarter panel.
11-4.jpg

17-2.jpg

sorry for the novel:D

does anyone know if the 87-88 center consoles are different then 90-93 ones?i know the left side i trimmed a bit to get it to fit but when i try to set it down there is a gap on top.

don't forget to take into account the inch or so of carpeting and sound deadening that will be underneath that center console pushing it up... that gap may close up very quickly once the whole interior is installed

i don't think so it is sitting to high of an angle for some reason it should be lower .i am kicking myself because i sold two black ones i had one out of a 90 and the other out of a 92 and both were black.i didn't think they were any different but apparently they are.

15-2.jpg

The angle of the console looks really weird in this photo. Did you trim out the metal frame that holds in the stock HVAC controls and radio? Something doesn't look right. Maybe the nav system is weighing it down or interfering somehow? It's hard to tell from just pics without seeing it in person...

i have been working on the wiring harness for the system i have most of it done but the nav radio presents a real problem .i may have to throw it in my explorer and go with a shaker 500/1000 radio, i have everything to go to make this work but i haven't gave up on putting the nav unit in.it runs on can bus lines and our cars don't have these.no progress right now being it is so cold and no motivation but i did alittle work on the center console and installed my 1986 quarter glass .

DSC00241.jpg

2-5.jpg

4-7.jpg

3-6.jpg

the console will be wrapped in black leather

does anyone have any idea what i am up to with the switch below the power mirror switch?

here is the quarter glass installed again this is an 87 mustang i did both sides but you get the picture

5-5.jpg

Looks good can't wait to see the end result

That reminds me....i need to get the loop for the a/c accumulator to bolt it to the firewall

i can't wait either i had to use the inner quarter panel trim for the window from an 85 and my black 90 and fuse them together.it will take some work to make it look right but i know i can make it work.i will post a pic tomorrow of how bad it looks i can see why no one has done this before.it is a pain in the a$$ to say the least.

no the cup holder thats the only thing lacking in a foxbody

the one that you see in the pic came out of a 99 mustang i was going to use the two that came with it but decided the bigger cup was too much.you can probably use both just cut out the whole section from both and plastic weld it in place.it is very easy to do then fiberglass sand a light coat of bondo and then you are ready for paint. glad you like it good luck:nice:

The nav system and custom console are badass. :nice: These are the kinds of build threads that I really look forward to reading. Keep up the good work.

BTW How on earth were you able to get that ASC Mclaren console? Those are nearly impossible to get without buying the whole car.

thanks for the nice comments ,yeah the mclaren guys probably wouldn't be too happy with me .i paid over 400 dollars for the center console and armrests and they were in rough shape.i thought of doing it out of wood but i really wanted the original.asc did a great job with the center console but i really felt they should have upholstered the whole thing which i plan on doing.the only thing is to tie it all together with the rest of the dash.the center consoles from 87-93 were cheap looking and the latches were a poor design .

Yeah, the ASC interior is my personal favorite. I really like the design of the console and armrests. $400 is not bad considering the fact you almost never see ASC interior parts for sale.

Do you plan on using real leather to wrap the console with? I imagine it would be hard to get the leather to conform to the contours of the console.
There is also a special heat form vinyl that stretches with a heat gun.

my plan is to use leather that somewhat pliable i really want the french stitching for the seams .i am using the vinyl i took off the console as a guide my mother is a seamstress and i'm going to have her sew it for me.back in 1990 she made my shifter boot from a scrap piece of leather and was better than stock.