hsean's project "resto mod"

i definately want to paint the the strut tower brace body color but your right on the camber plates.i will keep those black and take the stickers off it's just the color is very close to black .when i painted the power steering rack i didn't see too much contrast with the black powder coated k-member.the ford racing drive shaft is alot better than the rusted out stock one i had .i am only putting a 3:55 gear in the back so hopefully no vibration issues.

• Sponsors (?)

thanks for the nice comments fellas i will powdercoat the cc plates in black but the strut tower brace will definately be body color .i am going to look at some chrome like powdercoat for the upper and lower intake i think since i am months away i don't have to jump at anything just yet.i am trying to finish this car but i was a victim of identity theft by my sister-in-laws brother and it set me back alittle bit.

i took a scrap piece of flat metal cut two sections about 5 " by 2" each roughly .i then drilled pilot holes in each end i pop riveted the two sections on each side.now as you can see in my pic i got rid of the line in the front section of the center console what i did there was i plastic epoxied scrap pieces of plastic in that area and then i also pop riveted in place .i then applied fiberglass over the entire area sanded it down and a very light coat of bondo for the finish.on my project the two sections would come together normally and there is a bracket on top as well that i screwed down. just remember fiberglass doesn't flex like plastic when it dries.the plastic epoxy stuff is awesome if you get the right stuff i usually get the stuff rated to something like 2500 psi or something higher i can't remember none of the 5 minute stuff though i think it is like 15 minute set time.

Could I trouble you for the brand name of your plastic epoxy. I live in the sticks so I have to order everything from the internet. I relocated my radio up to the center vent location, but making the bezel and mounting plate for it has turned into quite a chore, since I'm mostly using fiberglass and bondo. The plastic would probably be better to get the curve correct.

Hey Sean, how are you doing? I just thought I'd say hi. I've decided not to build my race car project anymore, so I wont be doing the 1/4 window swap afterall. The main reason was that I have too many other projects and not enough money to do everything.

Hey Sean, how are you doing? I just thought I'd say hi. I've decided not to build my race car project anymore, so I wont be doing the 1/4 window swap afterall. The main reason was that I have too many other projects and not enough money to do everything.

sorry to hear but i'm right there with you with too much stuff going on good luck

any new install shots?

still waiting on a guy for the module to power up the navigation radio i've been busy with landscaping ,filteration for my koi pond in my backyard and had to allocate my time and money to that.i kind of neglected it last summer and paid the price by losing some expensive fish.i waiting to sell this car i have so that i can start buying some suspension stuff.i am kind of at a stand still but i do hope to atleast get the drivetrain and brakes all this done sometime this summer.i won't be painting it until next year the wife wants a new kitchen in the fall .