Hub Bearing Assembly - Front Wheel

281CI96Coupe

Oct 30, 2006
I've searched this forum and found some good threads on what to do and how to do it, but I need help finding 2 parts. The retainer nut (Looks like a cage over it) and the Dust Cap. I went to the my local ford dealership and said they were out of stock.

Where can I find these two parts online so I can order them, or should I just reuse the retainer nut that is on the old bearing itself. If anyone want to know I have a timken wheel bearing assembly.

-Nathan

• Sponsors (?)

If I can't find it online, I am just going to reuse them. I have the bearing grease for the spindle and assembly on hand.

Do you recommend wire brushing the spindle and brake cleaning it? I want it super clean.

Try another dealer , or did you ask them to order it for you , Im sure it will only take a few days to get it , if not the say day !

Where are you located , is that the only dealership to get parts from ?
around my location, I have aleast 15 dealerships that deal with ford parts !

Try another dealer , or did you ask them to order it for you , Im sure it will only take a few days to get it , if not the say day !

Where are you located , is that the only dealership to get parts from ?
around my location, I have aleast 15 dealerships that deal with ford parts !

Well its the nearest one I could find without driving out of my way, I just feel like ordering both parts right now.

I ordered them from www.rockauto.com and I got everything for 11 bucks! Can't beat that. The dealership wanted 14 bucks just the Nut.