Hubcentric Rings, Opinions

FoxMustangLvr

I love my Pimp
SN Certified Technician
Oct 14, 2012
Spokane, Wa
Right now I have aluminum hub rings in my wheels and it's a mf'r to get my wheels off. God forbid I ever get a flat and have to try to pry my wheel off on the side of the road. Anyone else have this problem with aluminum? I didn't have an issue with the polycarb style on my other set of wheels. I'm ordering new ones, most likely poly, but wanted to see if anyone else had success with aluminum?

• Sponsors (?)

I have the poly ones between my wheels and axle hub. No issues there. I also have the aluminum ones between my fox axles and sn95 rear disc. No real issues there either. Have you tried a light coat of anti-sieze? I have a thin coat on both.

Joe

Reactions: 1 user
I've had several different wheel sets for the Miata that weren't the correct hubcentric size. One set was significantly larger and the adapters weren't solid, they had little fingers that went down to the hub. They were really easy to deal with. One of the other sets was closer and I had small aluminum rings that were a PITA. My solution was to just stop using them. With the cone shaped nuts, they weren't necessary. Since I change wheels/tires on that car often, my ultimate solution over the years has been to get correct fitting wheels. Nice solution, but it did take years to swap several sets of wheels out.

I've seen issues with aluminum hubcentric rings. I use a light coat of aluminum antisieze ( grey ) or grease and no problems.

Reactions: 1 user