Hurricane Michael

Boosted92LX

It's only an inch or two. What's the big deal?
SN Certified Technician
Dec 19, 2010
How are our members doing that will be affected by this storm? @CarMichael Angelo @stykthyn ? You fellas buckled in tight? Anybody else?

• Sponsors (?)

CarMichael Angelo

I don't like your attitude, let me fix that.
SN Certified Technician
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
You don't know the half of it...my wife's mom lives in ft Walton beach..( on Okaloosa island) she went there to take her mom to the doctor for a surgery that was supposed to be today. Now rescheduled for next week. But...
( here's the funny part)...
They're both staying in a hotel 30 miles north of Walton, thinking that they're gonna go back down there after the storm passes...i told he they were dreaming.

As far as Birmingham is concerned, the storm will pass us well to the east..but for my wife and her mom...theyll be close enough to smell that monster's breath.

Boosted92LX

SN Certified Technician
Dec 19, 2010
You don't know the half of it...my wife's mom lives in ft Walton beach..( on Okaloosa island) she went there to take her mom to the doctor for a surgery that was supposed to be today. Now rescheduled for next week. But...
( here's the funny part)...
They're both staying in a hotel 30 miles north of Walton, thinking that they're gonna go back down there after the storm passes...i told he they were dreaming.

As far as Birmingham is concerned, the storm will pass us well to the east..but for my wife and her mom...theyll be close enough to smell that monster's breath.
Eek!

95BlueStallion

Yo Adrian, I did it.
10 Year Member
Feb 22, 2007
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Looks like it did some pretty massive damage in some areas with older construction. Apparently we dont have any members affected too badly, which is great.

mikestang63

SN Certified Technician
Aug 27, 2012
In the garage
My old college is shut down for a week- FSU.
It caused a lot of damage- a lot of flooding and roof damage
Hope everyone made it out OK

Boosted92LX

SN Certified Technician
Dec 19, 2010
They went back to her apartment after the storm had passed...she didn't even lose power:O_o:
Unbelievable!

My mother sat through Ike when it hit down here, and she said the front door was flexing six inches in the center from the wind. Thought it would give any minute, but it held. She also said she would never do that again, next one she's headed for the hills!

The only storm I ever sat through was Alicia back in the 80's. We took shelter in a local church that had a large concrete building. The roar was incredible. Next day when we went outside, the massive oak tree in front of the church was snapped like a twig.