Hurricane Michael

• Sponsors (?)

You don't know the half of it...my wife's mom lives in ft Walton beach..( on Okaloosa island) she went there to take her mom to the doctor for a surgery that was supposed to be today. Now rescheduled for next week. But...
( here's the funny part)...
They're both staying in a hotel 30 miles north of Walton, thinking that they're gonna go back down there after the storm passes...i told he they were dreaming.

As far as Birmingham is concerned, the storm will pass us well to the east..but for my wife and her mom...theyll be close enough to smell that monster's breath.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
You don't know the half of it...my wife's mom lives in ft Walton beach..( on Okaloosa island) she went there to take her mom to the doctor for a surgery that was supposed to be today. Now rescheduled for next week. But...
( here's the funny part)...
They're both staying in a hotel 30 miles north of Walton, thinking that they're gonna go back down there after the storm passes...i told he they were dreaming.

As far as Birmingham is concerned, the storm will pass us well to the east..but for my wife and her mom...theyll be close enough to smell that monster's breath.

Eek!

They went back to her apartment after the storm had passed...she didn't even lose power:O_o:
Unbelievable!

My mother sat through Ike when it hit down here, and she said the front door was flexing six inches in the center from the wind. Thought it would give any minute, but it held. She also said she would never do that again, next one she's headed for the hills!

The only storm I ever sat through was Alicia back in the 80's. We took shelter in a local church that had a large concrete building. The roar was incredible. Next day when we went outside, the massive oak tree in front of the church was snapped like a twig.