HVAC Vacuum Lines - How to Extend

93lx5.0

Founding Member
Mar 1, 1999
Fairfax, VA
Hey Guys,

I'm swapping my radio with my hvac controls in my fox, and I need to extend atleast one of the vacuum lines behind the hvac. Does anyone know what size they are? I believe they are 1/8", but I'm not positive. Also, if that's the case, anyone know where I can get connectors to connect two 1/8" tubes? The smallest I could find at the parts store was 1/8", and that's one size too big. Thanks in advance for the help.

Russ

• Sponsors (?)

Your local hardware store should be able to hook you up.

If not, I have used some metal or plastic line from the plumbing dept as a splice.

The Help or nuts/bolts aisle at the parts store might sell a little pack of white vac connectors as well. They go down pretty small as I recall.

Good luck.

I checked Home Depot, but no good. I'm gonna try Napa tomorrow. Can I use a vacuum line that's a little bigger for the extension? Can anyone confirm it's 1/8"?

Your local hardware store should be able to hook you up.

If not, I have used some metal or plastic line from the plumbing dept as a splice.

The Help or nuts/bolts aisle at the parts store might sell a little pack of white vac connectors as well. They go down pretty small as I recall.

Good luck.