I’m Curious —-Why a Fox?

Gotta pay for services somehow. Income property, sales tax, gambling, pick your poison. Homestead exemptions help the retired with property tax, and the rest of the balance is up for debate nearly every year in the unicameral. So when you retire with a lower income, we can find a nice place for less if you are feeling crowded.

Moving there also has to also be about no snow and normally no -4 deg forecasts for the next month. We have neighbor friends who drive seasonally to AZ for that reason.

We have not had more than dusting of snow, and for every cold day, we’ve had two 55-60 deg days this “winter”. I have had my Mustang mostly out all this year without guilt beyond the dust on it.
I would not argue about not having to shovel and snowblow snow anymore, that’s for sure!

• Sponsors (?)

If I could sum up the popularity of the Foxbody in one word, That word would be "versatility." They're probobly the most customizable car on the road even to this day!
The Fox probably ran longer than any other body style, and there were a ton of the made. The market for after market accessories/replacement parts is practically unlimited. There's a million different spoilers, air dams, hoods, headlights, tail lights, seats, even door handles and trim pieces. I imagine there are probably 10 different options to customize every last nut, bolt, and screw of a Foxbody Mustang. Don't even get me started on the options for the engine and suspension.

Leave it original, or make a totaly custom street rod. You can build a hard core track only race car. While most of the race variants end up as drag strip cars you can also build them into one hell of a road course racer.

LX, GT, Cobra from the factory. Roush, Saleen, Shelby, Cervini, all with their own take on everything from a chin spoiler to the rear wing. It's amazing the custom options for a Foxbody Mustang!

Just found this gem of a thread and had to chime in.... I never liked the Foxbody style growing up, but my uncle had one that was parked at our house for years! I was always a fan of the 66's and the 2000 SVT Cobra R. As I got into my adult years and had a little money to get another project car (I had a Nissan 240sx in high school) the Foxbody really grew on me. It was the nostalgic Mustang from my youth! my dad has a 66 and looking into cars to build the Foxbody's flexability won me over, I geeked out on Matt Farah's corner carving mustang and set out to do something similar with a far smaller budget and wrenching on it myself. 3 years later and I couldn't be happier! I frequently take mine on the backroads... (CA 130, CA 9, CA 35 etc...) This year I will take it to the track for the first time, not sure when or how, but it's going down!