I actually put a cb in my mustang!

knivezrev6

Nov 27, 2011
Pax River, MD
I had decided one day to put a pa horn and a cb in my 08 GT. I thought about it for a while then decided, because of a cross country drive coming up soon, that a cb would be a good idea. I had a little radio shack pos and placed it on the left hand side of the dash and I hid all the wires the best I could. Then I bought a Cobra 29 LX and this is the outcome.
CB2.jpg
CB3.jpg

I made the housing to fit in it's place with nothing holding it except how tight it is between the cb and windshield. I took a piece of plastic and cut it to the shape you see then attached the mic bracket. I hid all the wires in the panels and the antenna is a magnet mount that I keep in the trunk when not in use. There are no holes and nothing is permanent so I can take it all out if I want. Tell me what you guys think.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm sorry I don't like it either. I had a hideaway CB in the console of my 2007 GT for a cross country trip with Mustangs Across America.

It worked great and other than a CB antenna on my rear window, no one knew I had a CB.

I like things like that out of sight.

I had decided one day to put a pa horn and a cb in my 08 GT. I thought about it for a while then decided, because of a cross country drive coming up soon, that a cb would be a good idea. I had a little radio shack pos and placed it on the left hand side of the dash and I hid all the wires the best I could. Then I bought a Cobra 29 LX and this is the outcome.
CB2.jpg
CB3.jpg

I made the housing to fit in it's place with nothing holding it except how tight it is between the cb and windshield. I took a piece of plastic and cut it to the shape you see then attached the mic bracket. I hid all the wires in the panels and the antenna is a magnet mount that I keep in the trunk when not in use. There are no holes and nothing is permanent so I can take it all out if I want. Tell me what you guys think.
Not too shabby. When we road trip, we bring our race radios from our desert/off roading adventures.

Well, it's a $150 cb so I kinda want to show it off a little plus there is nowhere to hide it without it being hard to operate with all those buttons and knobs. From the outside it's hard to see and it's not in the way for the driver (me) or the passenger. Other then that the only way you can tell I got one is when the antenna is out.