I bought a vette off ebay...read before you bash

• Sponsors (?)

View attachment 45233

actually only kept it for 2 day and my brother bought it off me for what I have in it. He is the one who originally talked me into buying it. He'll probably just sell it for more money, but I'm not out anything. I thought the car felt very underpowered, but I was amazed at the way that it handled. This 1987 chevrolet, by far, would out handle even the best handling mustang that I've ever ridden in. Cool car.....just not my thing.....I'm sure most here would agree. I just couldn't believe how good it cleaned up.

i was offered a 88 auto straight up trade for mine... i didnt take it because it was a auto and had 138,000 miles on it... was gonna sell it to get me another 5.0 thats a 5 speed but i wanted mine!

very nice tho... at least you got back what you put in!

really.....i saw it on ebay and it only had a few minutes left. I thought for sure that somebody would swoop in the last few seconds and outbid me. I didn't really beat on it, because, honestly I felt very uncomfortable in the car. It's like your sitting in this little capsule. I figured if I didn't like it........there are like a million older guys out there that you always here say....."I'm gonna buy me a vette before I die", so I was quit sure I would get my money back out of it. I would have a real hard time dropping 6k in parts for the stang, but this was a complete car....and a clean one at that.

side note...........most women dont know the difference between a C4,C5,C6, or C93756Xj2. They just see a red Corvette....I've had a couple pretty nice mustangs and never turned heads like driving this 10 yr old Chivy.

speadfreak said:
really.....i saw it on ebay and it only had a few minutes left. I thought for sure that somebody would swoop in the last few seconds and outbid me. I didn't really beat on it, because, honestly I felt very uncomfortable in the car. It's like your sitting in this little capsule. I figured if I didn't like it........there are like a million older guys out there that you always here say....."I'm gonna buy me a vette before I die", so I was quit sure I would get my money back out of it. I would have a real hard time dropping 6k in parts for the stang, but this was a complete car....and a clean one at that.

side note...........most women dont know the difference between a C4,C5,C6, or C93756Xj2. They just see a red Corvette....I've had a couple pretty nice mustangs and never turned heads like driving this 10 yr old Chivy.

Its actually almost 20 years old.

So what does a Vette like that actually book for? I mean... what's a fair market price for one?

Everyone keeps saying that they're glad you got your money back out of it but it seemed like it was in great shape and that you might have gotten more with an outright sale. Is that the case? I really don't konw because I've never priced one.

Daggar said:
So what does a Vette like that actually book for? I mean... what's a fair market price for one?

Everyone keeps saying that they're glad you got your money back out of it but it seemed like it was in great shape and that you might have gotten more with an outright sale. Is that the case? I really don't konw because I've never priced one.

I think it bluebooks for right around what I paid for it, but my 90 notch bluebooks for about 6k less than what I would sell it for.......:shrug: . I guess my brother is gonna sell it and try to make some $$, he called and asked if I cared..........I don't care, I'm not out anything...more power to him.