I bought the SLP Loudmouth....

• Sponsors (?)

That's a lot of good feedback I'm hearing. My only question is this though...if you later plan on getting an off-road x-pipe and maybe even some long tube headers...isn't this axle-back going to be insanely loud?

Well, I've found out that mine will arrive this next Monday, thats not too bad since it will only take a few minutes out of my day to install before testing them out at WOT.

Anyways, here's the vid that I wanted to post from someone who already has them installed. Enjoy! :D

SLP Drive By

-Dan

I got my loudmouths put on yesterday and I would say I'm another satisfied customer. The performance is slightly better than the stock as I feel it a little more on the gas. The sound is awesome. I'm looking foward to the next upgrades Steeda cold air and some headers I don't know which one's yet. I live in Cal so I don't know if I should put the long tubes on with the emission laws out here, We'll see. I am not going to lower the car. I had a 98 gt lowered. After about 20,000 miles the car started squeking big time I replaced everything the shocks and all and it still made noises that I was unhappy with. I did use everything that I was suppose to. The Eibach kit was supposed to be one of the best on the market at the time. So lowering the car may not happen for me. The 2" drop does make the car look awesome but the tire wear and squeking is not worth it in the long run. The exterior/interior looks on these 05s are already great looking so I'm going to leave it alone.

I just put my SLP loudmouths on today, I must say i'm very happy with em. The sound is incredible under WOT, or at any speed for that matter, but runs pretty quiet when just cruising. The car actually seems to feel a little stronger with these on, but maybe its just me....
The install was a little more of a pain in the butt than I thought it would be, took about an hour and a half...but thats because I'm a big guy and trying to get into those tight spaces to get the bolts out was a pain....
Once the stock was out the SLP's were easy to get on. I would recommend these to anybody....definately a kickarse mod...
Tomarrow......gonna put on my JET chip. :D

Well, I got the Loudmouths yesterday and installed them within 30 minutes of turning off my engine. The SLP instructions actually read to allow the 5 hours before installing the new pipes but I didnt want to wait that long since I know the mufflers dont remain very warm after even a few minutes.

Anyways, I got them installed in about 45 minutes since most of the time was taken trying to get the hanger brackets back in their stock locations. Aligning the chrome pipes are as easy as rotating them one way or another and tightening the clamps really well.

These things are f***ing awesome, sound great @ any RPM over 2000 and the "drone" doesnt bother me at all. Under 2000 the sound is pretty much that of stock so I dont have to bother the neighbors during those late night and early morning hours.

I'll try to record some in driver's seat RPM readings to go with the noise output. :D

-Dan

I do love the SLP's but I still have questions...

I heard a guy rev his up hard and it was insanely loud. I live in CA and I'm worried about the cops (especially since I live next door to one). Should I really get these. Otherwise, what other system have you guys heard that can give me that deep growl tone, but with a little less volume??? I'm leaning toward JBA right now. Thanks for all your opinions!

The Loudmouths are noise legal actually. I believe it was a thread on TheMustangSource that answered that. A cop could still give you lip about it if he/she wanted to but you just need to know that the law is already on your side. Cops apparently dont even know the exact law on the issue of an exhaust that may be too loud.

-Dan

Guamie said:
I heard a guy rev his up hard and it was insanely loud. I live in CA and I'm worried about the cops (especially since I live next door to one). Should I really get these. Otherwise, what other system have you guys heard that can give me that deep growl tone, but with a little less volume??? I'm leaning toward JBA right now. Thanks for all your opinions!
Well, I just installed Flowmasers American Thunder exhaust after running with there 40 series for a couple of weeks.
The 40 series actually sounded good, a lot louder than stock but the drone was killer and you can actually feel some HP loss and less throttle response. The thunder fixed ALL of that.
Not as loud but louder and better sounding than stock. Zero drone at cruising speed.
It sounds sweet and you want be disappointed. It felt like I had another new mustang with the return of the throttle and HP. Good Luck! :nice: