I can't believe I did it...

Orange...

Aug 22, 2004
SASKATOON
Well I bought a new car... (well new for me) I just have to get the line of credit at the bank. The car is being shipped to Adessa in California for delivery tomorrow. I have a close friend who is bringing it in for me.(this is what he does for a living) It's from Santa Clara iirc.

So I'm sure everyone wants to know what I am getting brought here....

it's a 1999 Black SVT Cobra coupe. 5 spd (black on black) 52K (miles) completely stock, no accidents or anything, 2 previous owners, 1 mechanic at the dealership had it for 7 years and the other for the rest of the time. I'm pretty excited about this.
I will be paying $9,999 (plus about $3K for A/C tax, documentation and a little for shipping... etc)

I will be putting my current rims on the car because they are just the regular 17's on there... and I think thats all that will fit from my car...then the modding begins.

Wow... I'm happy to get my dream car finally... :flag: :canada:

thank you various people of the U.S.A. for selling very good cars at a fraction of what people do here... the cheapest I've found a '99 was for $26K

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks!!! I can't wait until it gets here...

I know it's a great deal, thats why I did it very spur of the moment.

If you want to see some pics, these are the basic ones they had... not too great of pics but you get the idea...

The "fix" or issue had to do with the intake, compression issues, and the exhaust not flowing well enough.

Orange, if your not sure, I'd strap it down to a dyno. If your making 260ish at the wheels, you should be fine.

first off yes i am selling orange... it will help me finance this one. i dont exactly want to but kids and stoplights and everything, and the bright VERY noticeable color and loudness ..... you get the idea...

i just found out when all is said and done it will cost me a hair over $15K all together, so like $10K less then any I've seen.

i don't know if it has the fix yet, it;s not a concern right now, honestly too much bad attention made me get a new car, but im glad i did!!!

the car will be in transport next week so i should have pics when i first get it off the trailer. $1800 for shipping is very reasonable but still alot in the same breath...

i only wish i knew about cross-border car purchases when i bought this last car... i would have saved a ton.

i think i might keep the black rims on the orange stang to sell it to get more , then get some fr500's in the spring.... but we'll wait and see.

i'm excited but i've gotta go get packed up to go back home so i'll write more of my
new happiness later

p.s. for the fix, would that be in the oasis report or anything?? i will be gettting every form possible with the car...
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D < me right now

Well they were asking $11.5K but my friend gets dealership pricing (whatever that is) so he ended up paying about $10K and it ends up being about $3-$4K for all the rest of the taxes and paperwork and such, but still about $10K cheaper then any I have seen in autotrader or just for random sales around here... I CAN'T WAIT!!!

I think I will be sad when I get rid of Orange, but it's for the best... and I wanted something in the cobra family and seeing this stock one made me switch to the new body style.

This is the 3rd I've tried to get off of autotrader.
1) was a 1998 with 40K and a bunch of mods including a superchager which wasn't installed, but it sold before I could do anything.
2) was also a 1998 with a few mods and a cobra R 4" hood that I tried to get but I couldn't get the vin off of the owner so I didn't go any further with that

There are a few more on there for around $12K to $14 right now... and even a 2000R for $55K.

There will be pics I hope within the week or early next week... it's getting trailered here from California so it will be a looooong drive.

I'm already buying parts for it and I don't even have it yet... (daytime running light module... and a block heater).

In short I am just rambling on because I'm excited... sorry to brag (if I am) I'm just very excited!!!!

:)

first off yes i am selling orange... it will help me finance this one. i dont exactly want to but kids and stoplights and everything, and the bright VERY noticeable color and loudness ..... you get the idea...

i just found out when all is said and done it will cost me a hair over $15K all together, so like $10K less then any I've seen.

i don't know if it has the fix yet, it;s not a concern right now, honestly too much bad attention made me get a new car, but im glad i did!!!

the car will be in transport next week so i should have pics when i first get it off the trailer. $1800 for shipping is very reasonable but still alot in the same breath...

i only wish i knew about cross-border car purchases when i bought this last car... i would have saved a ton.

i think i might keep the black rims on the orange stang to sell it to get more , then get some fr500's in the spring.... but we'll wait and see.

i'm excited but i've gotta go get packed up to go back home so i'll write more of my
new happiness later

p.s. for the fix, would that be in the oasis report or anything?? i will be gettting every form possible with the car...
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D < me right now

Not sure about the fix in the report. I wasn't trying to downplay your buy. I think its a great buy and I congradulate you. Any time a mustang enthusiast buys a vehicle, we all know how good he feels. I just though it might be appropriate to ask. If you can't find out, get it on the dyno or to a ford shop,

as crzyhorse corrected me, the car should be around 275rwhp. Ive seen a "fixed" car at MTI in houston dyno at 267rwhp bone stock, down to the air filter. Not much off the 14-16% loss through the drivetrain on our trans.

don't worry, I didn't think that was your intended purpose of the question... I am curious as well, but if it hasn't been performed, I will be modding it soon enough so I won't have to worry about that. :nice: