I dont know what to do!! Help me out here guys plz! (mass air)

Lynx331

Jan 5, 2004
Chicago IL
Hey guys... im in the process of converting my car to mass air. Im done with all the main/impotant stuff. But ive ran into a speed bump. My car has no cruise control... so i dont know how to hook up the vehicle speed sensor. Im going to go to the junkyard and get a vehicle speed sensor... but does anyone know how i should hook it up.. since i dont have the cruise harness the directions call for? Here are the directions if you have cruise...

These signals are required for cruise control and as stated earlier, some have reported stalling problems on cars not equipped with cruise so avoid the head-ache and just do it. These will also generate an error code in the EEC if not installed. These signals come from a sensor that plugs into the transmission. The easiest place to tap into them is behind the driver's side kick panel. There is an 8 pin connector cable which runs back to the driver's seat, across the floor under the seat then back towards the front of the car and then goes through the transmission hump to the sensor. You will need to splice into the orange/yellow wire. The other end of this signal needs an EEC pin attached and this gets inserted into the EEC connector into position 6. You need to splice into the dark green/white wire for the other connection. The other end of this signal needs an EEC pin attached and this gets inserted into the EEC connector into position 3. Refer to figure 2.

The problem for me is i have no cruise... so i dont have this 8 pin connector or anything... im going to have to wire in the sensor from scratch. How should i do it?
Thanks guys.. im clueless as to how i should hook this up... Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Have you checked to ensure that you don't have these wires? The harnesses for the Mustang are pretty generic. Even if it's not equipped with cruise control, the wires themselves may still be there.