I drove a 2003 Mach 1 wow!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Should be faster, was it an auto?
But yeah, with that all aluminum 32V V-8 and the kick ass brakes they are one fine ride! :nice:

I kinda had the same feelings when I drove my buddy's SVT Focus, I know it isn't faster than my Mustang but it sure was fun to drive with its 6-speed and $700 brakes. Then I got back in my Fox and it didn't feel the same; and the 4-speed T5 wasn't doing it for me. 5th works, but its too tall with my 273's, or unless I'm cruising at some ridiculous speed like 95mph.

Not to long ago I had to do a stand still start to jump on the highway in the stang, there was an Explorer at speed in the other lane and I stayed ahead of him while I was getting up to speed... that made me smile halfway to where I was going. Every car has its merits... hopefully you'll "forget" about that Mach soon enough.

I'm sure the 32V was a blast to drive though. :nice:

Back in 03 I walked into the Ford Dealership and the Salesman I bought my 02 from tossed me the Keys to a new Mach1 and said go have fun. I really liked that car, it had the Torque of my 5.0 and the HP of my 4.6 in the Upper RPM Range, was a very fun car to drive.

My buddy has a 2003 mach 1 and let me drive it! It seems twice as fast as my mustang and its all stock! :(

It should...its got another 60-70hp over your current 5.0L, with a higher power band to boot.

Gotta be careful though...that 4V exhaust note is mesmerizing. It makes you feel like something that sounds that good has to be fast. :D

They are a lot of fun. We have put over 90k on our 03.

I sold my 91 LX to buy the Mach and ended up buying another Fox later because I missed it. The Mach is great but the 88 and 93 I have had since are far easier to work on.

I agree! Ford definately had their S**t together when they built the 03-04 Mach's. My one buddy has had 3 different mach's and finally decided to keep his TR 03. I've driven all 3 of em and they are one mean car all stock. His 03 now has a built rear with full-exhaust and 4.30's out back and that thing runs hard! I will have one someday... :nice:

Yea low end dont compare to my fox but it pulls real hard after 3500rpm

It made me want an 03-04 cobra more then a mach1

That makes as much sense as someone saying they want a Z06 over a base LS3 Vette, of course you do.

I bought my Mach in Feb for 13k, did a few mods and it is now a fun, quick, CHEAP daily driver. The Machs and Cobras values have both fallen a lot since February, if I was looking now I would be looking for a Cobra.

i have driven one and i was not at all impressed

Then you didnt drive it right.

The 4V 4.6 is an absolute SCREAMER. If you dont wind it up its not going to impress you which to me is the beauty of the 96-01 Cobras and 03/04 Machs. You can drive them around as a DD all day and putt around but if you drop the hammer you can lay waste to many "fast" cars. My buddy had an 03 till he wrecked it drunk. I drove it once and loved it, I'd get a Mach in a second...I think 2003 was one of the best years for the Mustang honestly...the GT was a great car, but you could upgrade to the Mach for some extra fun or all the way up to the Cobra which we all know is an animal. I miss my 97 Cobra and 03 GT and would def own another one of either...and it goes without saying that both a Mach and Terminator are on my wish list!

Then you didnt drive it right.

The 4V 4.6 is an absolute SCREAMER. If you dont wind it up its not going to impress you which to me is the beauty of the 96-01 Cobras and 03/04 Machs. You can drive them around as a DD all day and putt around but if you drop the hammer you can lay waste to many "fast" cars. My buddy had an 03 till he wrecked it drunk. I drove it once and loved it, I'd get a Mach in a second...I think 2003 was one of the best years for the Mustang honestly...the GT was a great car, but you could upgrade to the Mach for some extra fun or all the way up to the Cobra which we all know is an animal. I miss my 97 Cobra and 03 GT and would def own another one of either...and it goes without saying that both a Mach and Terminator are on my wish list!
130mph+ full drift around turns, and i mean true drifitng not just sliding a bit, clutch dumps, redline powershifting, all of it and wasnt that impressed with the car just didnt have that snappy low end response i like in a car

130mph+ full drift around turns, and i mean true drifitng not just sliding a bit, clutch dumps, redline powershifting, all of it and wasnt that impressed with the car just didnt have that snappy low end response i like in a car
Do a twin screw. :shrug: Or with some minor work there are plenty of people putting down over 350rwhp N/A with under 5 liters of displacment, can a pushrod do that?